General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ROOTS CHAT

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jane66

Jane66 Report 5 May 2012 22:18

Just wondered does anyone go on rootschat website? :-0

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC)

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC) Report 5 May 2012 22:29

Yes several times a day GOOD site……

MIKE. ….

Jane66

Jane66 Report 5 May 2012 22:51

I have spoke to some really nice helpful people on there Mike and go on there alot especially when I first got back into doimg my tree and not subscribing to genes alot of people helped me alot but the sense of humour is def not the same as on here and I dont feel comfortable putting posts up which I have done but they always get moved or I get certain amount of snippy remarks again tho I have spoke to brilliant people on there I wondered maybe is it just me prob is :-(

Joy

Joy Report 5 May 2012 23:07

Yes. I am JoyKM :) and have been there many years.

I have had brilliant help there, in various sections of the site, and there is the lighter side of the site as well as the research part ie http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/board,46.0.html

Just checked, have been there the same number of years as here :)

Have a look here, Jane, at the fantastic enhancing of my photos - http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,385977.50.html

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 5 May 2012 23:20

It's a very good site, a lot of very knowledgeable people on there.

The photo enhancing people are very good but sometimes they don't seem to get it right.

The chat room monitored for unwanted posts.

Jane66

Jane66 Report 5 May 2012 23:26

Thanks Joy I will have a look at that I have tried to interact but just cant and I am not knocking their searches they have helped me get back into my tree and research but just not in same way as genes community that sounds bad lots are the same but if you post on forum its so serious thats what i mean im always thinking i said wrong thing or on wrong part and will be moved its like a slap on the wrist for everyone to see i would rather be told like on here than just find out such lovely people on there

Mads

Mads Report 6 May 2012 00:09

I did a long time ago, very helpful
We was looking for my OH grandfather who lives in Curacao, a lovely lady helped us so much, then found his phone number for us, they have been in touch ever since, unfortunately a very long way to go from the UK.

Jane66

Jane66 Report 6 May 2012 00:27

I have met some brilliant people on there so friendly and they personal message you but its like no one interacts on the forums too much other than the searches I had quite alot of wrong info given to me as well and its only since i subscribed to genes I realised how much just all the moderators like its watched all the time unless you pm someone or them you wasnt putting the people down just the site is so different from this :-D

Mads

Mads Report 6 May 2012 00:43

Very different Jane, but i think lots of sites are, not so chatty like GR, a bit more serious

Good luck in your searches :-D

Jane66

Jane66 Report 6 May 2012 01:24

Thanks Mads and u in your search and I def think your right on genes someone helps you out you chat etc but even tho its called roots chat you just dobt most of the time maybe cos if u do the moderarors tell you off and say you have to pm someone to do that? I dont know seeing as they dont have records it should be about chat everyone can read and join in with? :-)