General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Best wishes for Christmas and the New Year

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 25 Dec 2012 05:01

to all my friends on the boards, I am sorry if some of you didn't receive the usual card - I ran out of scribbling time.

Hope everyone is with loved ones and friends and will enjoy themselves, and will raise a glass to the friends we have lost over the past years, from these boards. Most recent are our Caz and Rita.

I had a phone call from Caz's hubby the other day, he seems to be coping with the help and support of his brother to get him out of the flat, and started back to work on Christmas Eve for a few hours and will do a couple more part days to get him into the feel of it again. If it works out well he will continue till he retires during the coming year but if not he will take more time off under doctor's orders. He says Cocky is still a bit confused and keeps flying to the top of the door and looking towards the bedroom as if he expects Caz to come out and see him. Poor old bird.

Take care everyone, and hope you can all stay warm and dry, so sad to see the people losing Christmas things and their homes in the floods. Be careful on the roads. An elderly couple were killed in a car accident in Norfolk yesterday, another family rocked by the awful news of losing beloved parents/grandparents of around 80 yrs of age and for whom Christmas will never be the same.

Love
Lizxx

Justice of Peace

Justice of Peace Report 25 Dec 2012 05:07

Liz xx
You were included in my thoughts and memories posting last night lass...
A very Merry Christmas back to you and yours lass, stay warm, stay happy xx

Joyce P

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 2 Jan 2013 06:09

Oops, didn't go back to this thread, so sorry if others missed my greetings, can I now say Happy New Year instead lol

JP, thanks for your kind thoughts and good wishes. I hope this year will be a good one for you

Lizxxx