General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

renewel price

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sidami

Sidami Report 27 Dec 2012 22:50

I have been a member now for about 10 years what is the fee now for a year please?

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 27 Dec 2012 23:05

someone said last wk,that its gone up to £15??? :-(

Trish Devon

Trish Devon Report 27 Dec 2012 23:23

I have just renewed for a year,
standard membership,and I tick the automatic renewal.
Been a member now for 9 years,phew where has the time gone.
I paid £7.96.
Well happy with that price.
:-D :-D

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 27 Dec 2012 23:32

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1316016

Yes the price has gone up

Annabel

Annabel Report 28 Dec 2012 01:10

Just received my membership renewal email

last year I paid 12 pounds

this year its 18 pounds

I have been a member since may 2003

as I do very little on here, not alway able to access things as now, I will not be renewing unless they can give me a better price

Annabel

jax

jax Report 28 Dec 2012 01:19

I don't think the price is negotiable... you can but try

I thought the price was £19.95 less 20% discount if paid on time making it £15.96 for 12 months

Huia

Huia Report 28 Dec 2012 02:47

I was automatically renewed about 10 days ago for $15.96 NZD. That would equate to 7 or 8 pounds English I presume. It is a Standard membership. For me, it is well worth it to be able to chat on the boards to friends I have made, much more convenient that FB. I havent done anything with my tree for ages, but at least it is still there, I hope. I havent tried accessing it lately.

Annabel

Annabel Report 28 Dec 2012 04:03

Hi Huia

mine is over $27 Australian dollar, like you I have been a standard member since 2003 that's 10 years. in that time I have received some great help on here, seems unfair to charge so many difference fees

cheers Annabel

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 28 Dec 2012 13:22

See my thread - Renewal Fees - am in dispute with them for changing T & C to suit themselves. Sould have given 28 days notice of increase on continuous membership - now changed the date of renewal to suit themselves. Not on.

Appears from various posts that the increases are here and there.

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 2 Jan 2013 15:26

Please read thread on Increase on Renewal Charge put up by Penny. Info which may be use