General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

War Horse

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GinN

GinN Report 11 Jan 2013 19:23

Going to see War Horse, the play, in London next Friday. I loved the film, definitely a two hankie one! Has anyone seen the play, and how do you think it compares to the film?

GinN

GinN Report 12 Jan 2013 21:53

So.... nobody been to see War Horse? I'll let you all know what it's like when I get back!

jax

jax Report 12 Jan 2013 21:56

Have not seen it but my sister and dad who both love horses, saw the play first then the film and preferred the play

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget Report 13 Jan 2013 12:38

My sister and bro-in-law saw the play, and loved it. I don't think that they saw the film though.

I bought my oldest grandson the book a few years ago, don't know if he read it as didn't hear back what he thought about it.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 13 Jan 2013 14:43

I have seen the play. It is very different to the movie, far stronger dramatically. You will be a changed person afterwards.

fwiw my GF was responsible for a large number of war horses on the western front. He never really got over the fate of the animals, though he did teach me to ride - army style.

Somewhere in the depths of the radio 4 archives there is a series about the war horses of the great war but I have had no luck in finding it.

<3