General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The crutch has landed.....

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 2 May 2013 14:15

Well hello GR friends ?

The post arrived a little while ago and I was absolutely stunned to receive cards and a cheque made up of gifts from you lovely people. I cannot thank you enough, it has really cheered me up. Also huge thanks to everyone who sent cards and pressies which arrived whilst I was in hospital. They meant so much when I was in isolation with no contact other than hubby for 8 days. Thanks too to Ann for arranging it all.

The revision went very well apparently, the previous screws and socket more or less fell out! So I was absolutely right in my belief that 5 and a half years of unrelenting pain and loss of mobility was due to an incompetent surgeon. The thigh bone was separated and wired back together and I have one hell of an incision but as a friend said “why are you bothered? It’s not like you are going to be exposing it”…lolol

I was very unfortunate to get the hospital acquired infection. The massive dose of antibiotics given during the revision killed all my resistance to any bugs. I will not describe the effects in case you are eating but even the nursing staff were impressed !

The antibiotics I was given were making me worse and a very thoughtful charge nurse had a word with me after being on ABs for 5 days and said he was going to contact my surgeon with a suggestion. At this stage I hadn’t made urine for 4 days, had 4 cannulae collapse as veins gave up the ghost and C no.5 had to be inserted by the on call anaesthetist following 8 failed attempts by 2 doctors.

They stopped the AB and gave me 2 Loperamide and within 18 hours I was starting to retain fluids. What a bloody relief ?

So I am now recovering at home, have to use double crutches for 12 weeks and have a smart wheel chair for 7 weeks. The self inflating/deflating cushion arrived today and that can be used in the car and on the sofa too. Got another 4 weeks of wearing the kinky thigh high anti embolism stockings but as I had a pulmonary embolism after the last op I will wear the blasted things!

As an extra shock for you I have not had a ciggie for 22 days (my friends can get up off the floor now…lmao). I have smoked for 47 years! It isn’t easy but I am trying to stop.

So that’s it my lovelies, you are up to date. Thanks again for all your kind messages, cards and gifts. You really did make the past 3 weeks bearable.

Love to all

Sue x

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 2 May 2013 14:26

welcome back sue
and i am glad your on the mend x :-D

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 2 May 2013 14:32

Good to see you back.

Well done on the lack of ciggies. I've been clean nearly 2 years.

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 2 May 2013 14:40

Well done Sue, good to hear you are on the mend. :-)

Emma

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 2 May 2013 14:48

not only am I relieved to see you back I'm mega relieved the package arrived!! It's lovely to see you posting again Sue - you have been missed

Ann XXXX

Mersey

Mersey Report 2 May 2013 15:00

Welcome back Sue, so happy to hear you are on the mend, you have certainly been missed.........Take care :-D :-D <3 <3xxx

Wend

Wend Report 2 May 2013 15:06

Well, fancy that, I've just sent an e-mail to Sue and here she is :-D

Whoopy - fantastic to see you posting again! :-D <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 2 May 2013 15:14

Welcome back. Good to see you and well done. <3

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 2 May 2013 15:18

Welcome "home" Sue. Take it easy.

Paula

Island

Island Report 2 May 2013 15:20

I really enjoyed the blow-by-blow :-0 :-D

Take care and get yourself up and about soon :-D :-D

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 2 May 2013 15:25

So glad you're home, and on the road to recovery.

All the best

Sheila x

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 2 May 2013 15:34

Welcome back :-)

*** Mummo ***

*** Mummo *** Report 2 May 2013 16:00

Hi , glad your back home and wonderful news about the smoking, xx

Kay????

Kay???? Report 2 May 2013 16:26

couple of weeks or so then you'll be up for a pre-trial leg-a-thon..... :-D :-D :-D :-D.

good news,,,,,just time now,good weather on the way so you'll be able to get outside at least,,,,,

<3 <3

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 2 May 2013 17:12

Welcome back Sue,take it easy.
Mau xx

Rambling

Rambling Report 2 May 2013 18:51

Great to see you back Sue :-D

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 2 May 2013 18:56

Sue
It's so good to see you back here.

Enjoy a steady recovery and you'll be all set for when the sun shines.

Gwyn x

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 2 May 2013 19:50

Glad you are back home and hope you continue to improve every day.

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 2 May 2013 20:19

Oh my giddy aunt watch out folks she's back:))))))

Yehh welcome home Supercrutch....good to see you:))

Take care

jude xxxx ;-) :-P

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 2 May 2013 20:22

Glad to see you're Posting in the GR world again Sis... :-D.. <3