General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Had Enough! Update

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GinN

GinN Report 30 Jun 2013 20:24

I initially enjoyed these boards, the banter, the swapping of info, the comraderie, but now it's just a messy war zone! Over the last few days, things seemed to have improved, but now a certain person is back, and everyone is sniping again. I'm sure that this is his intention, but you all are rising to his bait. There are some lovely people on these boards, and some very welcoming threads, and I hate to see things
getting accrimonious again. Yes, I could just stick to the threads I feel comfortable with, but looking for them among the backbiting can be tedious!
Love to Geordie Pride, Mersey, Lyndi,and many other friends, but this lass has had enough.
So, it's been an interesting 8 months or so, but farewell,
Lynda xx

Kay????

Kay???? Report 30 Jun 2013 20:32

Take care. :-)

but one less wont improve matters,

Mersey

Mersey Report 30 Jun 2013 20:33

GeordieN.........just stop pulling a strop and get back here you silly numptynoos!!! :-D :-D :-D <3 <3 <3

Just have an ickle break...maybe??

I miss you already :-( :-( :-( :-(

Geordie Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn I luvsya with special mwoochios.....

Pull up a chair and take it easy....put your feet in a radox foot soak , deep breath and count to 100000000.....then you will be as calm as a cucumber resting on eyes....

Refreshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Joy

Joy Report 30 Jun 2013 20:37

Lynda, take a break and come back after a while.

Take care.

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 30 Jun 2013 20:38

GeordieinNorfolk.......Take a break....enjoy the summer and come and have a look in the Autumn.

We'll still be here......... :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 30 Jun 2013 20:40

Lynda don't delete yourself if your membership has not expired. Take a break then have a rethink. If you delete and then come back it usually costs you more.

I really don't see the point with giving up something that had given pleasure. And please don't blame just one person, it takes two (or more) to tango! : :-D

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 30 Jun 2013 20:42

take care and see you soon,,,,,,, you will be back ;-)

<3

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 30 Jun 2013 20:45

Geordie, the boards have always been like this. And it is not only 'a certain person' who is at fault but those who rise to the bait.

I do hope you will reconsider :-) <3

KittytheLearnerCook

KittytheLearnerCook Report 30 Jun 2013 20:50

There is more than one causing unrest Georgie, it takes at least 2 people to argue.

I left for a while and it did me the world of good, but the pull of the boards got the better of me :-)

I am pleased I came back, but have now learned to close the site when I need to for my own sanity :-)

Have a time out and see how you feel then, I hope you stay.

<3 <3

Nolls from Harrogate

Nolls from Harrogate Report 30 Jun 2013 20:57

Geordie Go and get really stuck into doing your tree (I presume you have one ...if not start one) that really blows the cobwebs away and come back in a couple of months and see how the board is then. I've been away for about 2yrs and sad at the carry on's just now but will stick it out for a while because there are a lot of lovely people on here and some good threads :-D

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 30 Jun 2013 21:06

GEORDIES are made of sterner stuff hun
dont you be going nowhere
just have a few days off and ignore the silly billies
looking forward to your next posts

take care xxjoyxx :-D :-D

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 30 Jun 2013 21:06

There has always been back biting and sniping,
you just have to see it through....
the written word is often misconstrued........
I remember MY first mis-understanding
it caused about three days of apologies and explanations, but in the end SHE left. and I survived..........

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 30 Jun 2013 21:16

DONT LET THE BUGGERS GET TO YOU
STAY PLEASE

GinN

GinN Report 30 Jun 2013 22:21

Thankyou all for your lovely words. I'm not having a strop, and won't be deleting my membership, nor do I blame anyone in particular. I've now tried social networking, and as I suspected, it's not for me. As has always been my way, if a situation doesn't feel comfortable, I walk away.
I am stuck into doing my tree, Nolls, on Ancestry - much easier!
I'm just a stubborn Geordie pacifist, and will look in from time to time until my subs expires, so take care, all, and be peaceful!
Love from Lynda x <3

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 30 Jun 2013 22:23

well it's a real shame Lynda and I know I'm not alone in saying how much I'll miss you <3 <3

Nolls from Harrogate

Nolls from Harrogate Report 30 Jun 2013 22:51

That's a pity Lynda because all the bad moments do pass. Enjoy your tree on Ancestry

GeordiePride

GeordiePride Report 30 Jun 2013 23:13

GinN - As one Geordie to another I would miss the friendly banter we have had between us over a short period of time and I hope you feel the same. I am really upset that a certain person has caused you to take this action but remember that you have made a lot of friends on here and they are upset as well as myself. Please have second thoughts about your actions as I consider you a true and Geordie friend.

GP

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 30 Jun 2013 23:38

I pop onto thread and find someone leaving! :-(...and I'm busy making a film thread too,you would have been soo welcome.

Howay Lynda man stay a while longer..........

"Cheerio but be back soon
We know now that we'll miss you
We love you that's why we
say cheerio not goodbye
Don't be gone long be back soon
give us one long last god bless you
Remember our old tune,
be back soon!"

Mau :-D :-D

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 1 Jul 2013 05:44

Shame you feel this way Lynda, it was nice having you around. Sadly the boards have been like this for a few years now, lots of nice folk have left and the people who like to have a stir stick around, unfortunately cos they like to be bullies and think they have the upper hand.

Pop in now and then to let us know how you are doing

Lizx

Persephone

Persephone Report 1 Jul 2013 06:00

And some nice people come back...

C'est moi! C'est moi, I'm forced to admit.
'Tis I, I humbly reply.
That mortal who
These marvels can do,
C'est moi, c'est moi, 'tis I.

Nearly didn't though...

Take care Lynda..

Persie :-)