General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Nicholas jones-Karen jones

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

samantha

samantha Report 3 Jul 2014 23:49

I'm looking for my adopted half brother his birth name was Nicholas jones born the 28/12/1979 in wrexham maelor then later adopted his birth mothers name is Karen jones
Id really love to trace him can anyone please help!!

samantha

samantha Report 3 Jul 2014 23:50

He was born in 1979 not 1980 confirmed by our mum

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 3 Jul 2014 23:56

If he was born on 28th December 1979 then he will almost certainly be in the birth index in the first quarter of 1980. The birth index is a list of when births were registered - NOT when the births took place.

You already have a thread about Nicholas. You should add to that thread so members know what has already been found and what advice has already been given.

I really don't think anyone can help with finding him without knowing his adopted name. The Adoption Contact Register is your best bet, but it will be a waiting game to see if he also adds himself if he decides he wants to find his birth family.

The only other thing you could try is to write to the "Long Lost Family" television programme and hope that they take up your case - although I'm sure they get far more requests for help than they could possibly manage to use in the programme.

Kath. x

jax

jax Report 3 Jul 2014 23:59

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1341695

samantha

samantha Report 4 Jul 2014 08:54

Thanks! Applications for the long lost family will be available soon so maybe I'll try that