General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Long Lost Family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 6 Jul 2014 11:03

This programme is back with us and I personally think it's brilliant..

14th JULY on ITV I think it will be 9pm again (but don't quote me on the time)
but it was last year....

Hope you all enjoy it. :-D

littlelegs

littlelegs Report 6 Jul 2014 11:10

thanks sue
love the programme
but it makes me cry
nearly time for the loo roll to come out :-D :-D

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 6 Jul 2014 12:12

My only gripe with this show, is that it only shows the success stories.

Many mothers do not want to be 'found'. Not because they do not care, but because no-one in their family knows about this child. And in some instances the trauma which can be caused to this family is insurmountable.

This show makes it look like it all ends in happy families.

I would like to see a show, where they go back and see what has happened to the whole family (not just the mother & child etc.,) to see the impact this revelation/discovery has had.

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 6 Jul 2014 12:23

I like this programme though I haven't seen that many of them.
However, of those I have seen, the ending is always a 'happy ever after, we are reunited'.... whereas in reality, that cannot be the end of the story. Others are affected, sometimes for the good, sometimes not.