General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Exporting GEDCOM family tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jeremy

Jeremy Report 23 Dec 2014 14:34

I used the export option 2 days ago and ever since then the export has been 'pending'. We are told to expect an email within 24 hours and it is now over 48 hours since I instigated the export. Has the website taken an early Christmas break? :-(

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 23 Dec 2014 14:48

Welcome to the boards Jeremy. Its always possible that some employees have started their annual leave, but that shouldn't effect an automatic programmed response.

Send GR a message to see if they can sort it

[email protected]

Jeremy

Jeremy Report 23 Dec 2014 15:48

Thanks very much for this - and for the email address, which I couldn't find anywhere on the website!

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 23 Dec 2014 16:36

There's an internal 'contact us' buried away somewhere. Unless you are 'in the know' its quicker to use the email address....another well kept secret ;-)

Alisdair

Alisdair Report 24 Dec 2014 05:46

Don't hold your breath. I have been waiting since last Wednesday for support to fix my problem with exporting.

I have been told that the "expert" has the matter in hand.

It happens once in a while, and I have given up even posting the problem on here as the forum doesn't appear to be monitored by GR , let alone moderated.

Kense

Kense Report 24 Dec 2014 07:48

The contact email address is given in the Company Information accessed by the link at the bottom left of every page on the site.

If you want GR to see something put it on the Suggestions board or the Genealogical chat board. They do look at those and have been active on them this week.

Alisdair

Alisdair Report 24 Dec 2014 09:03

Another possibility, assuming that you have a Facebook account, is to post on the GR page, that usually gets a response

I have been roundly criticised in the past for putting problems about the GR experience on both the Suggestions or Genealogical forums ( although, not both at once) as they have pretty specific uses.

A couple of years ago I even suggested having a forum about use of GR and problems with it, but my post was administered off the forum