General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

FMP..........

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 9 Aug 2016 22:25

£1 for 1 month.

http://www.genealogydiscount.co.uk/

Code is.....ancestryhour16

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 9 Aug 2016 22:31

THANKS MR M :-D :-D :-D

Much appreciated :-)

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 9 Aug 2016 22:33

And BNA too is on that link for £1.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 9 Aug 2016 22:59

Thank you Mr Magoo........I have paid my £1

Call me a skinflint iffen you like........but I was disappointed that the £1 didn't include the 1939 Electoral Register!

Oh well...........never mind.

;-)

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 9 Aug 2016 23:10

BRILLIANT MR M

ALL DONE .... Just in time for me to do some last minute investigating before going to visit my maternal Gran's Ancestral home in Kent :-D :-D :-D

Thanks again :-)

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 9 Aug 2016 23:54

As well as FMP, I took out the months subs for £1 for BNA

I tested it with the name of both my Great Grandfather and 2x Great Grandfather Charles Lyne as it was the first name that came to mind. Clicked on Hertfordshire and immediatedly got this ...

HERTFORD MERCURY AND REFORMER- SATURDAY 18 SEPTEMBER 1880

Marriages

LYNE-CRAWLEY. -9th inst., at Rickmansworth Parish Church, by the Vicar, Charles Lyne, of the Indo-European Telegraph, Persia, eldest son of Mr Lyne of Ferndale Road, Clapham, to Amelia Bainbridge, eldest daughter of the late Mr Josiah Crawley, of Rickmansworth.

I knew most of this of course, but it has provided further info
1. That my Great Grandfather was already working in Persia in 1880 when he married Amelia.
2. That my Great Great Grandparents were living in Ferndale Road Clapham at the time. (The family's 1881 Census is missing)

Thanks again MR Magoo

Take out this offer everyone.... but remember to go to your account and uncheck the automatic subscription renewal on both sites
:-) :-) :-)

Island

Island Report 10 Aug 2016 10:45

Don't fret Prickles, I'll do some 1939 look ups for a pound for you :-D

What's BNA?

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 10 Aug 2016 11:06

British Newspaper Archive

Can I have a buy one, get one free??

Remember I found your lot down at Dog Kennel Yard.........I didn't charge you nuffink for that.

:-D

Island

Island Report 10 Aug 2016 11:24

Don't you go fibbing now Prickles, you know I lobbed an old bone your way.

Btw......thank you, I saw it was British Newspaper Archive when I looked at the link but IE decided to go to the toilet Tsk.

Thanks for the link MM, I have FMP but will pass it on

IE just stopped working again when I tried the link. :-| Strange as it's fine with other things I'm looking at just now. :-|

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 10 Aug 2016 11:29

Thanks! :-D

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 10 Aug 2016 19:26

Well done Jem............late to bed last night then ?..... ;-)

Annx

Annx Report 10 Aug 2016 20:29

Thanks Mr MAGOO!