General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hello xx

Page 0 + 1 of 25

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barbra

Barbra Report 6 Sep 2016 08:45

:-D :-D :-D <3 Smile & the world smiles with you .

Barbra

Barbra Report 6 Sep 2016 10:41

Guttering done .He is a part time fireman .as well as his day job .6ft blond hair .very nice young man hmm. that's my excitement for the day .oh I need a cupa before I venture out .calm down dear ;-) :-D

Robert

Robert Report 6 Sep 2016 14:12

Hot and sticky in Newcastle.

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 6 Sep 2016 14:28

Just got over 30c here today, now starting to drop at 29C. Pleasant day, few clouds and cooling breeze.

Out tonight so hope it doesn't drop too much, may put a cardy in the car. :-)

Firemen busy here too but it was a fire, very likely scrub land, we can smell burning on the wind. Must be away from the village as we have all the scrub lands cut back to prevent fire spreading.

Barbra

Barbra Report 6 Sep 2016 15:17

:-) Hello Joan .Robert .Pat. It is warm here but no Sun .enjoy your evening Pat :-) always something to do Joan enjoy your cuppa in your garden I.need to get out in the garden to tidy up .hope the weather bucks up a bit later in the week. grass needs to dry out & then away we go , .Bye Barbra :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 6 Sep 2016 16:30

It was hot and humid here today, some sun, some cloud. Should be doing a bit of gardening really this afternoon as it is lovely out there, one of those warm and sunny autumn days. However, all I have done in the garden today is to take a few photos of the remaining flowers. didn't have the energy to do anything else. My legs ache, we went for a 4.5 mile walk this morning, just a local walk with the U3A, 12 of us walking. was not impressed to have to get through a group of frisky nosy bullocks (I think they were). However it was a good walk, flat but a bit muddy in places and rough walking through a couple of fields with public footpath running through them, about 4 or five stiles too and we are all retired so no young ones among us. OH and a couple more gents were available to hoist us over the stiles. And one of the gents was admirable with his stick fending off the cattle. We started and finished at the golf club so ended up with all twelve of us having drinks and in some cases lunch. OH and I shared a lovely bowl of hot chunky chips. Thereby undoing all the hard work of walking the calories off this morning.

He now seems to have found some more energy and has gone off to play nine holes of golf.

Barbra

Barbra Report 6 Sep 2016 21:24

Ann & Joan .well you have had a nice day & Busy .your place will look posh Joan :-) & I bet the chips tasted Good Ann after your walk .Goodnight .from me Barbra x

Barbra

Barbra Report 7 Sep 2016 10:43

Hello :-D what you up to today . local shops & sorting some goods for the charity shop .keep looking at clothes in the wardrobe .they will come back in fashion :-D I don't wear a lot of coats .jackets & long cardigans mainly .has any body bought fashion disasters ? Barbra

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 Sep 2016 11:47

Many years since I bought a fashion disaster, I just buy clothes I know that suit me. Hardly ever wear skirts so don't buy them, or dresses but have loads of pairs of trousers. Wish I could wear fashionable shoes but I can't so mainly live in trainers. I suppose what I look back on as maybe fashion disaster was actually not at that time.

Not doing a lot today, OH off playing golf so I have just walked round to the local Tesco for the papers then popped into the Community Hub for a coffee and a crafty cheese scone.

Although saying not doing a lot I have already done a load of washing some on the line and towels in the tumble drier, plus cleaned the bathroom and started on the lounge. And cleaned my muddy walking shoes from yesterday.

Walked 4.5 miles yesterday across rough fields etc and through inquisitive cattle so taking it a bit easy today. Got some correspondence to catch up on. You remind me we have a table lamp to take to the charity shop.

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 7 Sep 2016 13:10

Got back from night out at 1 am, dog sat there with the expression that said - what time do you call this, you woke me up and you haven't got any goodies. :-(

Had Chinese so it wasn't a good idea to save her any.

Have ironing to do later but it's too hot yet - 30 C. Will walk the dog later. Go out at 7 am with her before it gets hot and early evening as it cools. Swept out this morning just before I knocked an empty glass over, tiles and glass don't go well together.

Not so windy today so might be able to water friends potted plants. She's got arthritis of the spine and hands so I help her. Trouble is she has a hose that only reaches 1 potted plant, you have to put it on full pressure and point towards the line of pots. You can successfully water them but only if there's no wind or you get wringing wet. :-| It's not much fun walking home with wet clothes and shoes. I found this out the first time I helped her. ;-)

Staying in tonight but out the next 2 evenings. It's hard work keeping up with people who visit here even if they don't stay with us. OH and dog fast asleep - may join them but I have the washing up to do. Think I'll just read.

Have a good day :-)

JingleJems

JingleJems Report 7 Sep 2016 14:08

~~~~~~~ to Barbra and Everyone :-) :-) <3

Barbra

Barbra Report 7 Sep 2016 20:40

Good evening .the Sun came out after lunch .so now the grass is cut & the garden looks a lot better .did some cutting back .hey ho it started raining about 5pm .so glad we made a start .~~~~~~~~~To all Bye Barbra :-D

Allan

Allan Report 7 Sep 2016 22:53

Blowing a gale last night complete with heavy rain and some thunder. Only reached 16c. Power blackouts in Perth and some areas near us but, fortunately, we were not affected.

Spring!! in like a lion and, hopefully, out like a lamb

Barbra

Barbra Report 8 Sep 2016 09:29

Dull & Wet Morning .local shops & then waiting for my new bed .memory foam mattress could say something but might get RRd :-D :-D Headboard has gold nobs on & Ornate gold heart in the middle .will look very nice .got my new bedding all ready x Enjoy your Day All . Bye Barbra :-D <3 ;-)

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 8 Sep 2016 11:03

We have memory foam as OH has back problems, he now sleeps very comfortably. Cooler today 29C, couldn't water friend's plants as wind got up again. Only a slight breeze so far, no good watering in the morning as the heat of the day will dry the area before the plants have time to drink up the water.

Did ironing just before midnight so it was cool. Just done some more washing and it's almost dry. It never stops does it?

Greece had flash floods yesterday so I'll be watching the weather to see if it's coming this way.

The dog chewed up a bill yesterday unfortunately it was after we'd paid it.:-(

Have a good Thursday. :-)

Barbra

Barbra Report 9 Sep 2016 11:33

New Bed delivered & Headboard looks very nice .Aubergine & cream Curtains Bedding to match .looks to nice to get into :-D Joan its our Golden wedding next week .were have the years gone .I still don't feel old enough .mind you I was a young bride x Still not very bright round here .a bit damp .but should be nice Saturday .hope its alright were you are . :-) Take care & enjoy whatever you get up to .see you Monday :-D <3 ~~~~~~~~Pat ,Robert .Joan .Allan. Jem. Ann G. :-D

Cakeworthy

Cakeworthy Report 9 Sep 2016 11:47

:-D Gloomy in Gloucester, looks like rain.
Saw the Cycling pass through yesterday. My 11 year old is taking part in Glos History Festival Tomorrow to celebrate the 800th anniversary of the crowning of young Henry III.
We are very excited. Exploring his family tree has enriched his history knowledge so much, but he loves history anyway. <3

Barbra

Barbra Report 9 Sep 2016 12:25

That is good News start them young with family history .enjoy your Day on Saturday hope all goes well for you & family :-D lunch time Bye Barbra

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 9 Sep 2016 14:28

Quiet day as had another late night - 1 am. Dog happy this time, I had sea bream so I kept the skin for her. She wolfed it down, don't think it touched the sides.

Out this evening, group of us are going to a taverna for a mezze.

It's 30 C but feels hotter today as it's quite humid. High thin cloud keeping the heat up.

Not doing anything over the weekend as far as we know. Often have phone calls that alter that. Try to go out during the week as weddings and those who work go out over the weekend. Once had a phone call on a Monday evening - just found a great priced fare for us to Cyprus, see you Wednesday. :-D

Hope you all have a great weekend

:-) <3

Barbra

Barbra Report 12 Sep 2016 09:58

Good day hope you are all well after the weekend .lovely day here Sunday took the dogs out & then had a pub lunch .don't do that much .but it was enjoyable for a change ...but hey ho its raining again just local shops & then catching up with ironing .Enjoy your Day Take Care Barbra x. :-D :-D ;-)