General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hello xx

Page 1 + 1 of 25

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 12 Sep 2016 10:23

Done my ironing :-D, it was cool earlier on, now 30 C. Have upstairs to do today.

Walked the dog at 7 am, sun was just above the houses when I went out. Soon I'll be out before the sun. Hopefully the dog will sleep longer when the mornings are darker. She comes upstairs and lies outside out bedroom door when it gets light and starts to gently tap the door until about 7 am, then she gets insistent. Got up at 6.45 am this morning.

Not out tonight but out Tuesday, Thursday and Friday so far this week.

Have a good Monday.

:-D :-D :-D

Barbra

Barbra Report 13 Sep 2016 11:54

Hello .hope you are ok .its wet again .but only showers :-) eastside of Scotland look,s sunny .& down country .London 28-30 . oh well its clean rain in Dumfries & Galloway .we have a pheasant comes every morning now on our front garden .he is coming for his nuts .don't need an alarm clock 8-30 am he is waiting :-D .Take care enjoy your day & evening Barbra :-) :-)

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 13 Sep 2016 12:50

Out at 7 am only 24 C. Knew it was 7 am a builder started drilling just as I shut the gate. Walked the dog, children rushing to school, it starts a 7.30. Some already gone as the senior schools are a bus ride away. In winter if it's raining when they come back from school the school bus delivers the children to their door or the nearest accessible point.

School started this week, they've been off since June but don't get the half terms as in UK.

Have done 3 loads of washing, all dry now off to iron it in a few moments. Swept out downstairs and mopped all through. Dog disgusted that she couldn't come in for a few minutes. Sat sulking in the corner of the patio and refused to come in when I opened the patio door.

Paid our annual council tax today for 2016, 86 euros (abt £73) and we also got our dog licence for 2017, it's issued by the local council, of 20 euros 50 cents (abt £17.40). No 10 moths to pay our council tax here, we got the bill yesterday and had only 3 months to pay it. :-D

Very windy this afternoon (20 mph) only 28 C. There is a threat of rain on Friday, we'll see as it's a little early, usually next month before rain. We've had no rain here since May, up the mountain it rained last week. :-0

Barbra

Barbra Report 14 Sep 2016 11:44

Hello :-D lovely sunny day but a wee chill in the air .washing out looks good blowing in the wind should soon dry .local shops & doing more tidying up n the garden .Autumn plants for sale local garden centre I am not ready yet to empty my summer baskets ..will be bringing some into the conservatory .have a stand had it years ,comes in handy to winter over plants .right hope folks are well today .Take care Enjoy your Day & evening Barbra :-D <3

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 14 Sep 2016 21:25

Cooler day today only 28 C but the wind was cool and strong. Out shopping today the supermarket we use had a special offer on fruit but we didn't want 2 kg of either local bananas or white seedless grapes at only 2 euros each (abt £1.70). Far too much for just the 2 of us.

Watching Manchester City playing a German team, they are winning 3 - 0.

Joan when you've finished painting your place I can find some more for you. :-D

Hope you all have a peaceful night. :-) <3

Barbra

Barbra Report 15 Sep 2016 17:24

Good afternoon .been busy today .took some garden waste for recycling .& some drawers we broke up they were in the shed ..been quite warm & Sunny .Hope Joan is okay very busy with your decorating . :-D ~~~Pat enjoy rest of your Day & evening Barbra :-)

Barbra

Barbra Report 15 Sep 2016 17:58

Joan whatever your on I want some ( whens open Day x I painted a new hanging bird feeder .& put it together 4 screws :-D :-D

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 17 Sep 2016 08:26

Happy anniversary Barbara, hope you and your OH have a wonderful time. :-)

Don't think you painting here would be a good idea Joan, we have 10 ft high walls here so the stairs wall is very high. I'll just wash down the areas I can reach and perhaps we'll get someone in in spring.

Had a phone call yesterday from our ex UK neighbours, they've come for a short break the other side of the island so we're off there on Monday.

Had some Indian food last night, found a great restaurant in Pissouri. Love a good curry and thoroughly enjoyed my butter chicken last night..

It should be a quiet weekend, say quiet but I have 1 fridge and 1 fridge freezer to sort out and clean. Get things in order for winter food. Ironing to do and clean the kitchen. Oh well here I go. If anyone wants a working holiday I can find them things to do. :-D

Have a great weekend :-) <3

Barbra

Barbra Report 17 Sep 2016 11:03

Hello & Thank you x cant believe its 50years .were do the years go .not been a bad time .I love to drive have had some great holidays from John o Groat,s to Lands End & bits in between .wish I could have written the mileage down .OH doesn't drive .so if hadn't done it :-) Pat enjoy your meeting with your friends hope you all have a good time ..your meal sounds delicious .don't work to hard in the Kitchen .x Hope Joan has put her brushes down for the weekend & her & family are all okay Take Care speak to you during the Week <3 :-D

Barbra

Barbra Report 19 Sep 2016 11:59

Hello .yes it is a looooong time Joan :-D lol still haven't trained him proper :-) hope you are alright today .Pat is going to be busy with her friends enjoy .right out again going to buy some new shoes .one thing I don't like doing is going into shoe shops .all the lovely fashion ones I use to wear. & Now its low wedges & sensible :-| Enjoy your Day .Bye for now Barbra :-)

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 19 Sep 2016 16:16

Back after our day out. Dog got looked after and had a huge meal, we feed her twice a day and in 1 go she had more than she normally has in a whole day. Friends who fed her are used to much bigger dogs. :-D She isn't complaining she's gone to sleep.

Lovely day out though, great meal at lunch and wonderful company, who could ask for more. :-D

Going to get a drink and put my feet up and perhaps snooze, up before the sun this morning to take the dog out so we could get an early start. :-)

Barbra

Barbra Report 20 Sep 2016 12:35

Hello Glad you enjoyed your Day Pat .I have been out with my doggies .one of them she is twelve A west Highland ex breeder, .such a gentle dog .but she takes for ever now walking,.only go along the lane near us, .as poor thing gets tired ..the other Westie he is only a youngster .3 in November .we fostered him & then adopted in May this year .they are great pals .our back garden is enclosed so they love having a good look round .Not a bad day today fine just now .Joan hope you have put your brushes down for a bit & you are Okay .right off to make some lunch Take Care Barbra :-) :-) ( Picture of Molly ) 12 years old ,

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 20 Sep 2016 13:09

Quiet day today, OH went onto Limassol to show a friend where a tyre place was but otherwise nothing happening. We are out this evening to a Chinese buffet.

The dog is staying near us but as she normally sleeps through the day, because of the heat, I don't think she really missed us much yesterday. She's been asleep most of the day today and is yawning away at the moment as she works out where to go as the sun creeps in. She's just walked to the other end of the sitting room. She's a cross between a labrador and a pointer with a smaller dog as she is a blonde lab with lots of pointer in but isn't the size of either breed. She walked into the house late one night when she was a very frightened 2 months old pup. She was advertised as found but no one claimed her. We think she was dumped near here. There was a male version of her found in another part of the village. Think both pups from the same litter. Some children took him home so he should be OK.
She's had her 1st birthday, it's about late June - forgot to get her a cake. lol

Hope you are all well and you've finished your painting Joan. :-)

Barbra

Barbra Report 21 Sep 2016 09:53

Hello our little Gang :-) we have a nice Sunny Morning after misty start to the day .love Autumn .golden leaves & just a chill in the air ..off out to look for a new Towel rail for the Bathroom .getting sorted early today might need to decorate one room only not doing a Joan xx. taking doggies for hair cut this afternoon ,oh .cant keep up with my busy life :-) ~~~~Pat enjoy whatever you are up to Take Care Barbra :-)

Barbra

Barbra Report 22 Sep 2016 10:34

Good Morning ~~~ :-D lovely sunny day its first day of Autumn .feels a little bit chilly .local shops for me .not much else today .hope all is well with you & your Family`s .enjoy Take Care Barbra xx :-D :-D

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 22 Sep 2016 11:30

Cool breeze today, some cloud only 28 C, autumn is on the way.

Had a chaotic few hours. OH's step brother contacted to say his mother had died. OH's father remarried after his mother's death, OH was in his mid 30s when this happened so she's never been a mother to him. They forgot to let us know as she deteriorated very quickly and they have had to do all the arrangements. The funeral's Wednesday next week.

Well found me a flight at a price. OH can't do it as he has a severe back problem. He'd need more days between flight and funeral as he'd be in a lot of pain for the first few days.

Didn't book the flight for Saturday as I had to check with daughter. Daughter can't pick me up, she's a friend's chief bridesmaid next month and is away with the hen party. Son hasn't replaced his car yet and is working all through the weekend (a chef). It would have to be a taxi. A key could be left with a neighbour but I'd be on my own until late Sunday.

Daughter has 2 important meetings the day of the funeral so will be in another county early on but has a long enough gap to get to the crematorium for the service then shoot off back to work. The service is in the south of the county and I would be in the north. I can get to the house the hearse is starting from and get a lift if I go by 2 buses and 2 trains as the direct bus route closed early this year. With waiting it takes just over 3 hours and because daughter isn't coming back until the evening it'll be the reverse back. I would have to be at the house for 11 am.

I don't have a credit card neither does son - can't hire a car without a credit card. If daughter has to use her credit card she can't get to the car hire office for the morning of the funeral as she has to leave 6.30 am for her first meeting. We worked out that to fit around her work commitments that week it would have to be a 3 day hire of car.

I have people staying here until next week and OH's back isn't good enough to cope with all that entails. The people are lovely and would help him but I know him, he'd over do it. All in all I looked at what it would take physically, mentally and financially to go.

I decided I'll stay here and we'd put what my ticket would cost to fly in and out of UK into the donations for the hospice that looked after her and they also looked after OH's father some time ago.

We have always visited her when we went back to UK and this year I went to UK on my own and surprised her on her birthday, both children came with me and she was delighted to see us all. That was mid June. We have talked to her on the phone a couple of times since then.

We cared for her in life that's what's important. We've decided to have a quiet 30 mins at the time of the funeral.

Feel bad about it but I can't see a way of getting over so many hurdles in such a short time, pity we didn't have more time. :-(

Barbra

Barbra Report 22 Sep 2016 12:17

Sorry for your Family loss .you have your memories .you saw her in June that's something to think about .& remember <3 ((((Hug)))) Barbra

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 22 Sep 2016 13:47

Thank you Barbra. :-) <3

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 22 Sep 2016 16:13

Thank you Joan.

Great news, hope all is well this time, is that the click of knitting needles I hear. :-D <3

Barbra

Barbra Report 23 Sep 2016 14:34

Hello congratulations Joan Hope everything goes alright for new arrival <3 Its nearly weekend again .a bit chilly today but fine .hope its fine were you are ..probably lovely were Pat is .right done my shopping all put away .just some bits to get in the village Saturday.& Lottery never win much the odd ten pounds . :-) There has been problems parking in the village shop keepers are parking on the main street all day .There is a car park near the river at the back of the shops .but they wont walk :-( anyway the council are thinking of blue parking tickets we put in the car & then you just have so long to stay on the main street .will it happen ? watch this space .Enjoy your Week End Take Care Barbra :-)