General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hello xx

Page 3 + 1 of 25

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barbra

Barbra Report 12 Oct 2016 11:25

Good Morning Hope you are all well x its fine again but a cold wind .drying my washing though .got bedding dry yesterday .& towels ..went to GP yesterday ..I had a problem in April .went to Dumfries Hospital for an ultrasound & Mammogram,anyway got to go again when I get word .have a 100 mile round trip to the hospital but they are very good & caring . .local shops today then just tidy the garden a bit more. got my Hanging baskets sorted & planted six this year .look alright a bit of colour for winter. will go now Take Care enjoy your Day Barbra :-D :-)

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 12 Oct 2016 11:40

Hope you have good news from the hospital Barbra.

It's 27 C today, very overcast between 7 and 9 am. Autumn rolling in. Still no rain but any day now. Up the mountain it's rained but we've missed it.

Very enjoyable night out last night. Tonight it's different, it's a got to go one. A friend is here without her OH, he should arrive soon. She's lovely but has an unpleasant relative with her, keeping her company until the weekend. It's a duty visit to a restaurant near were they are so we can come back at any time. OH has a back problem and he genuinely is in pain today so he does have a good excuse to come back home.

Hope you are all well.

I love Cumbria too Ann. My daughter was there, camping with friends during the summer.

:-)

Barbra

Barbra Report 14 Oct 2016 11:24

Hello ~~~~ we had some rain yesterday first for about 10 days ..its cool today but not bad for October ..hope you are well & looking forward to the weekend .waiting for delivery of bird food .now that's exciting .found a supplier on line & the birds love the different seeds ,getting cold tits. blue tits .sparrows .Finches .Blackbirds .Ring Doves. Green finches & a Couple of Robins .the squirrels seem to have gone ? had three at one time after the nuts x Joan Hope you & family are all ok x Pat hope you & yours are well x right will get sorted now shower & dressed been a bit lazy this morning .but why not I am retired :-D :-) Take Care love to All Barbra :-)

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 14 Oct 2016 20:20

Very cool this morning walking the dog. Only 14 C but went up to 27 C later.

Went out for a Chinese this evening. We are now in until Tuesday I think. Fell asleep reading this afternoon, didn't get to bed until 1 am. Am off to bed soon. Dog has already put herself to bed lol.

Lovely being retired isn't it Barbra until the world descends on you. :-S

Joan I'd wait until they've been before painting. Enjoy their visit without the worry of wet paint. :-0

All have a great weekend, I'm catching up on housework and ironing :-(

See you next week. :-)

JingleJems

JingleJems Report 15 Oct 2016 12:59

~~~~~~~~~~~~ to Barbra <3 and Everyone <3

Not a bad day here in South West Wales today.
Sun and cloud but a bit chilly.

Hope you are all well :-)

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 15 Oct 2016 14:04

Hi Jem - 27 C again today here. Hope you enjoyed your visit to Kent.
:-) <3

JingleJems

JingleJems Report 15 Oct 2016 14:33

Hi Pat :-D <3
Had a brilliant time, thankyou very much :-)
I met my GR found 2nd Cousin and spent 4 days in her company. Visited all our ancestors haunts <3

Robert

Robert Report 15 Oct 2016 14:43

Barbra, you mentioned Portpatrick a few days ago. This brought back happy memories of my National Service days at RAF West Freugh.
There were three buses a week from the camp into Stranraer and on Saturday nights we went into Stranraer, had a couple of drinks in the Smugglers and got the bus to Portpatrick to attend the dance in the village hall.
Happy days!!!

Barbra

Barbra Report 15 Oct 2016 16:17

Hello All Robert yes we go to Portpatrick sometimes .after Shopping in Stranraer , a few fishing boats .& lifeboat station .& water front pubs .bet you & your pals had a good time x hope you enjoy your weekend .we have lived up here nine years now .love the area & the people I am from Lancashire I.do miss Bury Market ,Hello Jem hope your GS & yourself are okay x Pat we have had rain again this morning .Joan enjoy your weekend with your Daughter & Hubby speak to you next week love to All Barbra x <3 :-)

Barbra

Barbra Report 17 Oct 2016 17:30

Hello is there anybody there :-D hope you enjoyed your weekend x its been a bit wet today really heavy showers ..not been out just hoovering & dusting. oh there you go so exciting .Due my Flu jab Tuesday pm have you had yours yet ? Joan Senior moment on your Daughters visit read back you didn't say last week end :-) off I go meal to get ready Take care Bye Barbra :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 17 Oct 2016 17:36

Hi Barbra and everyone. travelled back from the Lake district yesterday. I do so hate the M6, so many idiot drivers, held up for ages in 50mph roadworks because of an accident involving three cars. If they would just stay in their lanes it wouldn't happen. And, who are the people who do 60/70 in the 50 mph? Do they get away with it I wonder. Warmer here today than it was last week in the L District, but we have had sun and showers. still trying to catch up with all the things needing doing after a week away. :-D

Barbra

Barbra Report 18 Oct 2016 12:33

Hello All hope you are okay today x.Showery Day & sunshine .local shops & have some clothes for charity shop in the village .I keep saying not throwing that away .but honestly need room in my wardrobe .someone will make use of a couple of jackets & skirts .& money goes towards Charity .Ann it upsets me when drivers travel at 70 in a 50miles zone were there are roadwork s ,enjoy whatever you are up to .Take Care Barbra :-D :-)

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 18 Oct 2016 13:26

Glad you're back safe Ann. Lovely area you've been in. I was born not far from junction 10 on the M6 - but well before it became a motorway. I remember it as Bentley Moor.

Turf them out Barbara, 3 years ago I had to give away all my clothes to charity shops (excluding underwear) - dropped 4 dress sizes in 6 months. Had a great time getting new clothes.

Noisy here as the bells keep ringing. Don't think of British church bells these clang. It's St Luke's day here and he's patron saint of the village. The clanging gets annoying but it's only 1 day of the year.

26 C and very blustery, not looking forward to the dog walk if this keeps up.

Out this evening, in tomorrow but then out until Sunday. Have someone staying the weekend. Our friend is brotherless from tomorrow :-D so she's coming here for the weekend, her OH arrives on Monday evening.

Have a good evening all.

:-)

Barbra

Barbra Report 19 Oct 2016 11:45

Hello hope you are all okay x Bright morning but chilly .Managed to sort my clothes out Pat. A big bag full now ready for another trip to the village .Went to my Gp last Thursday now have an appointment for the Hospital 25th October quick in sending for me ,Going to be baking this afternoon comfort food :-D nothing nicer than a piece of lemon drizzle cake .& Home made Meat & potato Pie with red cabbage :-) right off again Take care Bye Barbra :-)

Barbra

Barbra Report 20 Oct 2016 12:45

Hello x its another bright day but chilly .were we lived before we didn't have any one knocking on the door for Hallowe,en .do you get callers Joan. Pat .or anyone else .to be honest not a fan gives me the creeps .Children love dressing up though :-D Emmerdale this week well don't know if you watch .but I cant wait for Friday who is the one to leave ? hope its Emma poor actor .right lunch to make Take Care Barbra , Tatter pie tonight Joan :-D :-)

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 20 Oct 2016 15:16

Hi, 25 C today and lots of cloud coming in. Still no rain since early May. Garden parched.

Took dog out early today as it's getting cooler. Will be changing clocks in just over a weeks time so it'll be getting dark about now. I am not walking her in the dark, too dangerous, the pavements are dreadful and the street lights aren't very good. Could easily trip up.

No pies or potatoes for me, I'm off out to eat and think I'll have grilled sea bass with stir fry veg with ginger.

Halloween was taken to America by the British and has returned in a slightly different form. I used to buy popping corn and cook off some in a large saucepan, add a little icing sugar and put into small plastic bags. The children of the village loved it.

Our daughter was born October 31st so we call her a witch ;-)

Have a lovely evening all :-)

Barbra

Barbra Report 21 Oct 2016 11:18

Hello Pat & Joan ~~~All .dry & fine day again .will be out shortly doing my shopping .its funny there is only oh & myself but I still buy & fill the fridge ,you never know might get visitors :-D only bake once a week &.don't eat a lot of pastry .not good for the figure :-) I do eat a lot of fruit . not a toffee or biscuit fan .border line type two diabetic .so little & often for me .hope you enjoy your week end Take Care Barbra xx

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 21 Oct 2016 12:22

I have to have a low carb diet as I'm intolerant of carbohydrates so I have to watch what I eat. I have been on it 3 years now so know most things to avoid. Tonight I'm going to have a Chinese meal out with friends. It's a buffet so I know what dishes are OK for me and instead of noodles or rice I have the stir fry veg. Never one for biscuits or lots of sweets/chocolate so diet isn't too hard to keep to. Summer is easy out here salad and meat/cheese/eggs. Winter much more of a challenge as it's difficult to keep warm with low carb food.

26 C today but a little breezy, thought we might have rain about 6 pm yesterday as dark clouds started massing but they drifted away.

Friend staying the weekend so I won't be on here much. OH's birthday weekend so plenty to do.

Hope you all have a good weekend and the weather stays fine. :-)

Barbra

Barbra Report 21 Oct 2016 15:40

Well jobs done shopping away & I have just brought washing in left it earlier & its still damp .never mind not much wind about ,.Have a great week end Pat *Happy Birthday* to your Oh :-D Joan Hope all is okay with you & Family x see you next week xx

Barbra

Barbra Report 25 Oct 2016 11:00

Morning All bright day but very cold hope all is well with you & family*s .off to Dumfries Today just going to get ready Take Care Barbra :-D