General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hello xx

Page 7 + 1 of 25

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 5 Dec 2016 07:59

Well washing and drying went OK yesterday. Managed to get about half of the ironing done. Lovely day yesterday - however a cooler and cloudy (some quite dark) day today 17 C but with a cold breeze straight off the Troodos Mountains and look what's up there now

http://www.cyprusski.com/webcam

Shopping this afternoon. Last week I bought a ham for over the Christmas period, will cook it in Coke Cola a la Nigella Lawson, it's delicious.

We are out for Christmas Day. A friend owns a restaurant, he does a wonderful spread, he does a special starter for me and fruit for dessert as he knows I have to be on a low carb diet. It doesn't cost an arm and a leg like UK.

Staying in tonight, wonder what OH wants for dinner - will have to ask him in case I have to get something whilst shopping. Dog's easy to buy for - she eats whatever is put in front of her, she's part Lab., the dustbins of the dog world. :-D

Have a good day all and hope you're not too tired Barbra and had a good night last night.

:-) <3

Barbra

Barbra Report 5 Dec 2016 21:57

Good Evening My body clock is all over the place .with getting up early on the 1st December keep waking up so early now .5.30am today .so having a nap in the afternoon :-) getting my Christmas cards written & posted Tuesday .GP for a check up as well .your ham sounds lovely Pat .your doggy must be a happy one sounds very accommodating .I just leave bits out for OH x Take Care All Bye for now Barbra <3

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 6 Dec 2016 21:43

I did the ham and we had that for dinner last night. Dog got a few bits after the fat was cut off. There are always bits of meat on the fat and she got those.

We had a thunder storm yesterday afternoon so I didn't go shopping. OH went off with a list and I sat with a shivering dog. We lost our electric twice in the storm, once just a few seconds but the other for 10 minutes. Dog was OK once the thunder stopped. Had lots of rain again. Today much better. Went for a Chinese buffet this evening.

All ironing done this morning so am up to date but as we went out tonight and are out Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights it'll soon pile up again.

Feel for you Barbra I know what it's like to have sleep out of kilter, can take a while to sort out. I used to get up when I had sleep problems and go shopping at our 24 hr Tesco at 6 am. I used to be returning as my next door neighbour was getting up. Saw her this summer as they came here for a holiday - she is now doing the same as her sleep pattern is all over the place.

Hope you're back to normal soon.

Hope you all have a good night - kali nichta

Barbra

Barbra Report 6 Dec 2016 23:32

Evening .Pat Joan & All x just seen you posting .went to see GP today .says I am doing alright. A lot of people about in the village & cars .parked all over the place even on yellow lines .but to be honest never see any police about ..We have had heavy showers here today .like you Joan garden will have to wait ..doesn't look to bad ..keep warm & stay in doors . Stunning photos Pat .of the mountains .don't think I would last long on my feet more likely on my BTM .Night Barbra <3

Barbra

Barbra Report 8 Dec 2016 14:16

Hello All .how are you today x.Quite mild just now we .put the tree up in the conservatory .oh sounds posh ,but its out of the way of our meatloaf .you know what I mean he is a little doggy x local shops Friday & then GP again just for change of dressing.hospital 14th for results I am feeling really good & sleeping better didn't wake up till 7.30am .just watching some TV this afternoon .,right Take Care & enjoy your day & evening <3 Barbra

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 8 Dec 2016 14:30

Glad you're feeling better.

We've had more snow up the mountain. The link I put up is a live link to the ski slope on the mountain so you can check it anytime.

Good weather yesterday but not so good today. Very wet this morning but better this afternoon. Only got up to 15 C though. We really need the rain all our dams are very short of water as we had a dry winter last year.

Out this evening and we will be sitting next to a real log fire. :-)

Have a good evening everyone

Barbra

Barbra Report 9 Dec 2016 12:11

Good Morning (Just ) Hope you are alright Today .a damp day here but a lot milder .soon be Christmas the weeks are going so quickly .have you all got sorted with cards & presents ? last card from us posted yesterday .so many memories for me Christmas Time. Late Mum & Dad wedding Anniversary Christmas Eve . My Auntie Marjory Died Christmas Day 2015 .& lost Uncle & cousin 32,& 6 years old on Boxing Day 1965 never forget them . <3 local shops later .us folks who are retired can shop when we want .so will be out & about during the week next week having a ride to Ayr .good shops & lovely Italian Ice Cream shop .Ok All for now enjoy your Week end Take Care Barbra x <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 9 Dec 2016 12:16

Good afternoon. Not a particulalry nice day today although very mild. Quite windy and the sun is trying to break through. still very damp underfoot even though it has not rained.
All but a couple of small presents packed now, some distributed some will be collected tomorrow and some next weekend, all cards posted and a lot received so far. I love sending and getting cards. Decorations all up. On our own this year so having a frozen turkey and that is in the freezer. Had one when we stayed on our own before, not cheap though, a bronze one, much too big for us so some will be frozen.
Hope you are all ok. :-) <3

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 9 Dec 2016 14:09

Only 6 C when we got home last night and I could see mine and dog's breath this morning on our walk :-S.

Bright day got up to 18 C so some warmth and the water will be hot for showers. We have solar panels, we can heat the water with electricity but that's rare.

Soon be time for second walk with the dog. She's lying next to me with her paw on my foot - you can't move without me knowing mode. :-D

Out for a curry tonight and tomorrow. 2 restaurants we like are running curry nights one on Fridays the other Saturdays. It's a hard life out here. ;-)

All my cards posted end of November to go back to UK. Getting them in dribs and drabs. Have been known to have last card posted in UK beginning of December received March. Started badly that year as Royal Mail decided to take mail for Cyprus around Europe to cut costs. Several countries received it for onward transmission. Trouble was the countries doing it cheap were ones without schedule planes to here and so it got caught up with the tourists coming for Christmas and most of the mail had to wait until the return trips with almost empty planes coming to collect the holiday makers. Out here people have Christmas off plus Epiphany (6th January) so sorting started after Epiphany. It filled a hanger at the airport and was slowly gone through and sent on to the area sorting offices, who were inundated and had to sort out for the villages, then village posties had to sort for delivering. Hence we got our last card 1st week in March. :-|

Lots of parcels were delayed and there was a lot of anger when children missed out on Christmas Day. It's been better the last 2 years so we'll see what happens.

Off to walk the dog.

All have a good weekend

Pat :-) <3

Barbra

Barbra Report 12 Dec 2016 13:15

Hello x Hope you are All Okay .been damp here & rain is going to be around all week ,but a lot milder .Going out to do my Big shop mid week & then just fresh food on the 23rd ,I will be going away after Christmas My Niece is Expecting her second child January .so looking forward to seeing her & new baby. their son is two he is looking forward to a new Brother x right local shops & I will be chilling this Afternoon <3 Barbra

Barbra

Barbra Report 13 Dec 2016 11:50

Hello hope you are all okay today :-) back in Hospital Thursday more surgery .I was in 1st December. but should be okay for Christmas .not what I wanted but there you go. will be positive again & I will be back on here in a few Days <3 Barbra x

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 13 Dec 2016 12:09

Thoughts with you Barbra, hope you are out quickly.

Our weather is very up and down at the moment. Been out all morning and it's been cool because of the wind. Temps fall very fast in the evening lowest so far 6 C. :-0

In the evening the dog puts her nose on our gas fire to show it's cold and then starts whining - we believe she's asking for the fire to be lit. :-D

Out this evening but in tomorrow night. I like staying in when it gets cold like this, where we go tonight they have a fire and they reserve the table near the fire for us. :-D

See you all tomorrow, have a good night.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Dec 2016 15:51

goodness Pat you are such a 'gadabout' :-D enjoy your evening. Our one meal out was with our son, daughter in law and granddaughter last Saturday. (don't count the lunches in town when shopping).

Barbra, shall be thinking of you on Thursday and hoping all goes well. Take care and hope you are not in too long.

Chilly grey day here today and a bit damp underfoot. Trip to the dump this morning as we try and get the house cleared up ready for Grandson, his wife and Luke and adam coming for the night on Saturday. Grandson has not been here since in his teens and Bex, his wife has never been, neither of course have the littlies. So, we have just retrieved the old plastic clip together railway from the loft. now about 40 years old - was sons, played with by Grandsons and now for great grandson to play with. Wonder if he will having had all the modern toys. Although he does like the brio railway he has at home. :-) :-)

Barbra

Barbra Report 14 Dec 2016 17:23

Hello All its been really dark all day .got some shopping done & last of my Christmas cards Posted .no doubt there will be one or two I have forgot x Enjoy your Weekend & Take Care See you in a few days <3 Barbra xx

Barbra

Barbra Report 15 Dec 2016 02:31

Here I am again 2.27 am .had to get up as I felt cold. had a brew & put the heating on .right better get some shut eye <3

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 15 Dec 2016 16:25

Well I'm out tonight, Friday and Saturday so I'll have a pile of washing again.

It's gone cold, 1 C during the night, it did get up to 16 C during the day but it's dropping quickly again, at the moment it's 12 C so it'll be another cold night. Before you tell me about minus temperatures - we have had a drop of 37 C as top temp in late July - early August was 38 C. December is usually warmer and it's January/February with low temps. Glad we are eating where there's a log fire.

Have a good night all, thoughts with you Barbara hope all goes well.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 15 Dec 2016 16:59

Not too cold here today but very dark all day and really dark by 4.15pm. I do hate these dark evenings and will be so pleased when the days start to get longer again. I don't think I could cope with going out every evening, I think it would get a bit wearing. Wouldn't mind going out once or twice but this year we are not going out at all. The golf club 'do' that is for OH's group and is held away from the actual golf club is at a venue we didn't want to drive to. Never mind we will stay in in the warm. Enjoy your evening Pat.

Thinking of Barbra and hoping all goes well for her. :-) :-) <3

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 16 Dec 2016 16:18

Another cold day only 12 C and some light showers.

Had porridge for lunch to warm me up. Dog's been in front of the gas fire most of the day.

Had call from daughter on way to her works do, problems on the M1 - could I find out what's going on as she trying to get to the hotel near the motorway with Nottingham almost gridlocked because of diversions. Told her why the delays and I hope she's managed to get there.

We are out this evening and must get ready so I'll say have good weekend all, hope all fine Barbara.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 16 Dec 2016 16:34

The power of the WW web when somebody in Cyprus can fathom out why a motorway in UK is gridlocked. Hope she enjoys the 'do'. That is one thing I do miss about retirement. We used to go out to lunch from the office and it was always great fun.

Have a good weekend then Pat, I have just turned the house upside down getting it toddler friendly for Grandson and family arriving tomorrow. Will I ever find anything again I ask myself. :-D

Thoughts for you Barbra. :-) :-) <3

Barbra

Barbra Report 17 Dec 2016 15:34

Hello All. thank you for your message*s I am home & feel okay. oh made my breakfast & some lunch x Enjoy your week end & take care <3 Barbra x