General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hello xx

Page 8 + 1 of 27

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 17 Dec 2016 16:03

Glad you are ok and home. Let oh spoil you now and have a relaxing weekend

Barbra

Barbra Report 21 Dec 2016 14:36

Good Afternoon All <3 hope you are ready for the Weekend .a neighbour has taken oh shopping on Tuesday .so we are nicely stocked up now .he just finished with local shops today ..she is a love helping really grateful .the nurse has been Sat-until today & is very happy with my dressings & healing process .I have Dumfries Hospital 28th then CT scan 29th .Then Edinburgh new year for Radio Therapy .but only one treatment as all gone :-D I have never watched so many Christmas films .Take Care I will pop in Again Bye for now Love Barbra x (Storm Barbara on its way ) not my fault honest keep safe <3

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 21 Dec 2016 14:42

It's cold again here. Everyone is moaning even the tourists coming for Christmas.

Only have Christmas Eve in this week. Out for lunch Christmas Day. Haven't thought about next week yet.

Glad all is going well Barbra. Fancy naming the storm after you :-D

Hope you all have a good evening.

:-) <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 21 Dec 2016 15:20

Barbra, that is great that you only need one session of RT. Keep resting and enjoy your Christmas now you are on the mend. What a lovely neighbour you have.

Pat, cold here but that is to be expected, I would feel very aggrieved if I had gone to a warmer place and found it cold!!

Joan No sun here, damp, drizzly and cold. OH's turn to cook this evening so it is bacon and egg, beans and chips. :-D :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 21 Dec 2016 15:43

It's the simple things in life Joan. :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 22 Dec 2016 15:25

Sunny here today but cold.
We had to go to town as I had a chiropodist appointment and OH doesn't like to be left out of getting lunch in Wetherspoons. We actually had brunch as we were in there early and had the veggie breakfast with added chips. Got neighbours coming in for a drink tonight (just 2 of them) so didn't want to be cooking a meal before they came. Not too bad in town when we were there but starting to get busy when we came home and the bus was crowded. didn't actually go into the shops except for a couple of charity shops looking for books. :-) :-)

Barbra

Barbra Report 23 Dec 2016 10:27

Good Morning x very windy & wet day .hope its not to bad were you all are .stay safe .Oh just going local shops just want one or two things .Enjoy your weekend .if with family Friends .or just the two of you .anyone looking in if you are on your own Big (((((hug)))) x Nurse has been this morning signed me off :-) .Merry Christmas to you lovely People God Bless <3 Barbra xx

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 23 Dec 2016 11:32

Last night out tonight so a quiet Christmas Eve. We are out Christmas day but in Boxing Day. Glad I've got a diary.

Dark and wet today, thunder in the distance. Dog keeps going into dining area to get under the table. :-( It's only 13 C. All roads up the top of the mountain are closed because of the snow. This is the live cctv link to the ski run up Troodos.

http://www.cyprusski.com/webcam

I agree Ann when the tourist is going to a warm place and find it's cold and wet. BUT it is our winter and with a little bit of reading they would find the average temp. for December is 15 C, although many days usually climb towards 20 C, and that the rains come Oct/Nov - May. It's is colder than normal but some expect summer temperatures. I feel sorry for some but others are just silly. Last night a young man in a short sleeved t shirt was complaining how cold it was and he only has 1 jacket with him, a thick one for going back to UK. The jacket is too thick for indoors and he's got lots of short sleeved tops and long trousers but no jumpers with him. :-( He knows a family out here so has been offered a couple of jumpers but they belong to someone in his 70s :-D

Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas whatever you're doing. Enjoy it, see you next week.

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 23 Dec 2016 12:41

Good to be signed off Barbra, well done. Yes, very windy here today and rain expected later. Popped to local shops for papers and a few bits, the local Tesco Metro was very busy but with people having small amounts we were soon through check outs, which were all working.

didn't stay out long as, our great grandchildren being of the sharing kind, I have the cough they had at the weekend. Well when you don't see them ofren you have to give them a cuddle don't you?

Pat, even when we go to warm places I always put in a couple of sweaters or cardigan/jackets because you often get a chilly snap and evenings are always colder. And surely people know that Cyprus may be warm in Summer but it is not the tropics. Stupid people really. Actually we had a great week there in October a few weeks ago as we had a heatwave and no rain. But we did know thatw as the exception.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 23 Dec 2016 14:41

Ooh Joan you were a special Christmas day baby. :-D :-D

Barbra

Barbra Report 24 Dec 2016 11:42

As I sit here on Christmas Eve .& think about the people I have spoken to on here .its lovely to feel part of GR family Thank You Merry Christmas <3 Barbra x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 24 Dec 2016 12:18

Barbra I agree with what you say on your post :-) Happy Christmas to you too.

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 25 Dec 2016 06:49

Happy Christmas to you all and a very happy birthday Joan. I hope you all have a marvelous time.

It's raining here but mild, hope your storm has blown out and you have a sunny day.

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Barbra

Barbra Report 25 Dec 2016 11:31

Hello Merry Christmas x Pat ,Ann. like you Joan oh peeling potatoes & sorting the veg .some lovely smells coming from the Kitchen .made a few mince pies last night .Happy Birthday Joan x ~~~~~ All love from Barbra x <3 speak to you next week x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 25 Dec 2016 15:12

Happy christmas all dull, windy but dry and mild here. Enjoy your days.

Barbra

Barbra Report 27 Dec 2016 10:42

Hello All .are you well after your Christmas feast x I have been good only had savoury food apart from fruit .but enjoyed it all .OH likes Christmas Pud & Cake but to rich for me ,been very quiet in our Avenue cant believe its twelve months since we moved here on the 1st January. .soon gone .good move though lovely neighbours & nice area .weather not to bad sunshine today .hope its okay were you are .right going to put some beef in the oven for later .had enough Turkey .Enjoy the rest of the day .will be back later in the week Take care <3 Barbra xx :-D

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 27 Dec 2016 11:31

Disturbed during the night because of a thunder storm. Nice day though and 16 C.

Had a quiet Boxing Day but now out every night until New Year's Day. Can see the dog throwing herself onto the settee in a couple of nights time and having a sulk. She knows every time one of us goes for a shower around 6 pm followed by the other that we are going out for the evening. She's quite happy with a couple of evenings a week but more than that she gets sulky.

Had a lovely Christmas meal and yesterday I made a veg soup which we had for lunch then a very light tea as we were both full from the day before.

Hope you all have a good day. Put your feet up and enjoy whatever's left in the fridge. Often concoctions made with leftovers are great. :-D

Barbra

Barbra Report 30 Dec 2016 10:47

Good Morning All when you look in .Hope you are alright today .well nearly another year over .wonder what.s in store for us 2017 all good I hope x, I wish you A healthy . Happy .Prosperous New Year .Thank you for your support & the chat have been out shopping got a lovely piece of salmon for New years Day .Enjoy your weekend see you next year <3 :-D <3 Barbra xx

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 31 Dec 2016 09:51

Busy week. Today only 7 C when I walked the dog this morning. We've had several thunder storms this week and plenty of rain down here and snow up the mountain.

Out tonight with friends for a meal. Don't know how long we will be out as Oh's back playing up.

Wishing you all a happy and healthy 2017.

Barbra

Barbra Report 31 Dec 2016 15:09

Hello .Pat. Ann .Joan . Hope you are all alright .very dark dull day here .but mild just now , nipping into the local shops oh watching TV a match Liverpool & Manchester city on at 5pm so better get going or my name will be mud xx Enjoy your Week End <3 :-D Barbra .