General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

GR have fixed something!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rambling

Rambling Report 4 Oct 2017 13:16

For 2 weeks I have had to enter site by clicking on the logo on Error page, and for the last 2 days even that didn't work, I had to click on "Support" in the Error message and then back to boards....

BUT it's just worked first time straight in ( twice)... fingers crossed ;-)

Von

Von Report 4 Oct 2017 13:27

Let's hope so :-D ;-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 4 Oct 2017 14:18

Yes I didn't get the error message either. Maybe me reporting it Monday (and maybe others too) had some effect. Now, if they could only fix the watched threads.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 4 Oct 2017 14:40

Yes, I got in first time this morning without getting the Error message which I've been getting for weeks.

Kath. x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 4 Oct 2017 14:43

I have just had the error message once but that was when I was adding to the Welsh thread which is quite large.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 4 Oct 2017 16:11

Spoke too soon, couldn't get on that time had to go via the GR icon on the error message and the home page. Maybe not fixed then???

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 4 Oct 2017 20:31

Got the Error message when I first clicked on GR in my bookmarks.

But it worked the second time

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 4 Oct 2017 21:46

I just have to try and try and try again till I get in! It's so annoying!

Lizxx

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 5 Oct 2017 07:50

I have contacted them as well. They advised me to 'clear my cache'. Now, where have I heard that before? :-D I told that that was an old ploy of GR and that my cache was fine thank you. Yes, there is an improvement today. These folk were probably still at school when we were all buzzing around busily on here in the old days! :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 5 Oct 2017 17:28

........... but they still use the same old excuses!!!!

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 6 Oct 2017 15:11

There's a definite improvement today.

I was on very early this morning and encountered no problems. It was quick.

I thought it may go downhill during the day but here we are, mid-afternoon and it's just as quick - and it's a Friday!

I am using the same iPad I usually use and the response time has been excellent. I'd say it indicates that the problem has not been with the server at all.

Of course if I were the suspicious type, I'd probably say that perhaps the powers-that-be have got better at searching for suspect online messages. Not saying that everyone is vetted, of course, ha ha.

Just as good a theory as others! :-D ;-)

Rambling

Rambling Report 6 Oct 2017 15:24

Yesterday and this morning I had to enter site via 'support' in the error message, just tried and got in straight away :-S Not cleared cookies, or cache, same old ( very old!) PC, same Sky via BT line, same router ( same place, was new this year) :-S

I do wonder if the reason some of the people who have posted queries on FA etc and not returned to those posts is because they can't get on site, and don't know how to work round the error page?

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 6 Oct 2017 17:23

I also got in first time just now ........... and the site is faster than it was.

Like Nyx ..... same very old PC (2003), not cleared cookies or cache, same server, same everything!

Kense

Kense Report 6 Oct 2017 22:16

They have certainly fixed the problems, when a new page was selected, of emoticons and poster information not being available, for several seconds.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 Oct 2017 09:25

had to get in via the error message and home page yesterday and today, but it was quite quick.