General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My Hubby

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 7 Oct 2017 19:20

Well bless him he struggled with Alzheimer's and Lewy bodies and passed away 24th oct 2015

He had bought a mobility scooter but struggled with it so bought smaller scooter i could manage to take apart and put in the car

I sold that scooter last year but still have the earlier more expensive scooter

So our daughters MIL is having mobility problems after having hip replacements ops,

The scooter was still in the garage and i couldn't find its keys!, he did lose one and must have hidden the other one somewhere

i have now bought some and they fit!!!

Bloody battery though has failed from not being charged
Son in law took the bike in the week and bought new batteries this morning and charged up and it's working ,means the Mil can get around in her home area

They have come down to Kent from Cannock to collect it

I,know my hubby would be very pleased to help

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 Oct 2017 20:35

Well done on getting it sorted Shirley, you got there in the end.

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 7 Oct 2017 20:39

Glad you got some keys to fit :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 7 Oct 2017 22:04

Well done, Shirley - more space in the garage, too! :-D :-D

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 8 Oct 2017 00:52

Glad you got the keys, Shirley, and your daughter's mil can get use from the scooter.
Much better than having it sit in the garage, unused.

Lizxx

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 9 Oct 2017 23:10

Update

Have had a message from the Mil also a Shirley !!

She is over the moon with the scooter. Her hubby had had a heart operation two months ago and today was his first day back at work.he is a cashier at their local Morrisons having retired from his main job

Usually she is housebound but she has been out today on the scooter and been around town and done some shopping and been to the local coffee shop .

Lovely to know the scooter is such a help .

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 9 Oct 2017 23:18

Wonderful news, Shirley :-)

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 10 Oct 2017 02:25

How nice for the other Shirley to be able to get out and about so quickly, brave of her especially if she did it alone. I bet Michael was watching with a smile on his face.

Lizxx