General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Box Sets.....TV Series

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mersey

Mersey Report 15 Oct 2017 17:42

I am a box set fiend as I know others are too but I have just watched
the pilot of a new series called The Good Doctor.....

You are either going to love it or hate it but I was so touched by it that
it moved me to tears....

Thought I would share.......

The Good Doctor is an American medical-drama television series, developed by David Shore, based on the 2013 South Korean series of the same name. The show is produced by Sony Pictures Television and ABC Studios, with Shore serving as showrunner. The series began airing on ABC on September 25, 2017.
The series stars Freddie Highmore as Shaun Murphy, a young pediatric surgeon with autism and savant syndrome at San Jose St. Bonaventure Hospital. Antonia Thomas, Nicholas Gonzalez, Chuku Modu, Beau Garrett, Hill Harper, Richard Schiff, and Tamlyn Tomita also star in the show. The series received a put pilot commitment at ABC after a previous attempted series did not move forward at CBS Television Studios in 2015; The Good Doctor was ordered to series in May 2017. On October 3, 2017, ABC picked up the series for a full season of 18 episodes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYlZDTru55g

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 15 Oct 2017 18:02

Seen it advertised on telly, Mers. Not made my mind up yet but since you recommend it, I'll take a look. :-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 15 Oct 2017 18:03

Saw the TV trailer the other day but can’t recall the UK channel.
I think I might enjoy - not sure about himself.

Caroline

Caroline Report 15 Oct 2017 18:08

I've seen it and don't hate it just not sure how well it will go for a whole series...eg will they run out of material?

Mersey

Mersey Report 15 Oct 2017 18:13

You could be right Caroline...the opening episode really got to me....

Caroline

Caroline Report 15 Oct 2017 18:38

I hope it does carry on and not end up a damp squid :-D

Mersey

Mersey Report 15 Oct 2017 18:44

:-D :-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 15 Oct 2017 22:35

27 Oct, Sky Living.

Mersey

Mersey Report 16 Oct 2017 00:01

Thanks Det :-)