General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Delighted so far

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 16 Oct 2017 12:22

We have given the soap nuts a fair try and only use two at a time.

I have just been looking at a white bra that is not very new and was going a bit grey. It is not grey any more so, as well as not leaving any deposit in the washing like washing powder does, it looks like they get the deposits that are already in there out.

I am very pleased with them and the way the material feels and am not dishevelled in any way. Just wish I had tried them before.

Iris

Iris Report 16 Oct 2017 16:16

Are they any good for hand washing clothes , where did you get them from ?iris :-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 16 Oct 2017 16:28

Summer Naturals on-line.

They are just like acorn cups which you put in a little cotton bag that comes with them but I have read of people boiling them up and using the liquid to wash and clean with so I would think that would be the way for hand washing.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 16 Oct 2017 20:01

www.thenaturalgardener.co.uk/soap_nuts.php

a good read.

Iris

Iris Report 17 Oct 2017 15:08

thank you ,sharron....iris

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 17 Oct 2017 15:35

Amazon have them too - £8.99 a kilo

Googled "soap nuts" and it seems you can get them for just about anything :-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 17 Oct 2017 16:30

Using them is also helping a rural economy somewhere.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 19 Oct 2017 00:30

I may buy the 'driver' some of these for his birthday, or Christmas.
I'm sure he'll be 'delighted', but it may help his eczema.

He gave his clothes an extra rinse last week - and was amazed at the difference.
I asked if he'd ever cleaned out the filter in his (very old) washing machine - he didn't know where it was!!
Oh - and he uses powder, which, for years, I've 'suggested' he didn't!! :-S

Sharron

Sharron Report 19 Oct 2017 09:31

I am trying to picture his face when he opens his present, only to find it is a bag of acorn cups.

Stop 'un firking though wunnit? (Those from Sussex will comprehend).