General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Played with new toy.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 21 Oct 2017 15:07

That multi cooker I had ordered came on Thursday. OH had to open it because it had polystyrene in it so it was first fired up yesterday.

I made a stew in it and was most impressed.

Later, because he had an evening job, I thought I would try the steamer.

Every time I tell people I have had dumplings they behave as if I have said I have had cocaine sandwiches and that dumplings are somehow wicked and self indulgent. Mine are made with flour, salt, baking powder and water and taste just like any other dumpling but please explain to me where lies the self-indulgence.

Anyway, because the dumplings are so successful, I have long wondered whether a roly-poly would be too but was not going to construct the old steamer just to find out.

Last night I made one, with no suet, in the new contraption and I can tell you that it was a bit good and still is now it is cold.

Another penny pinched!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 21 Oct 2017 15:09

Yuuuumm :-D :-D

Caroline

Caroline Report 21 Oct 2017 15:24

:-D

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 21 Oct 2017 16:04

Yummy.
What make of Multi cooker did you buy as that is what I need.

Sharron

Sharron Report 21 Oct 2017 16:20

I bought a Morphy Richards because I have always had excellent service from them and they often have good offers on their site.