General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Oh what a Tangled Web We Weave

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 27 Oct 2017 10:16

The Australian Federal Government is in turmoil after a decision today by Australia's High Court that the Deputy Prime minister, Barnaby Joyce, is ineligible to remain in Parliament due to having dual citizenship

http://www.news.com.au/national/politics/judgement-day-for-citizenship-seven/news-story/3e7ed5f5e958a0aff422c49fe86aca97

So, for all of them, they've been drawing down extremely lucrative salaries and perks, sorry, expenses, for several years whilst being ineligible to sit in either House.

Will they be ordered to pay back those emoluments?

Meanwhile, work continues at a major airport so as to accommodate more airborne pigs

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 27 Oct 2017 10:37

Hmmm it seems we have villians and mobsters in the streets, and crooks in government??

Allan

Allan Report 27 Oct 2017 10:56

Not crooks, Bob

In my experience, most crooks display a modicum of intelligence :-D :-D

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 27 Oct 2017 12:43

I already told ya that the drop bears mainly hang out in Canberra and Govt House of the various Australian States. Why the surprise? Australian politics is and always has been a zoo only equaled by the people running the sports which stand in for religion in Australia - horse racing, Australian rules football, rugby (both kinds) and of course cricket. Very often the poltical drop bears are to be found in close proximity to the sporting drop bears. There are more and more Chinese drop bears (by invitation).

So if I understand the court ruling correctly any Australian who could claim residency in another country by virtue of his parent's birth is barred from political office. Trump would approve. What happens if New Zealand exercises its right to join the Oz Commonwealth?

fwiw one of my rellies was a Senator (Labour) for some long whle. He was no better than the others. He died in the usual way.