General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

family tree being blocked I have Symantec 360

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cheryl

Cheryl Report 1 Nov 2017 12:42

I could get into my family tree 2 days ago today I cannot get in Symantec blocks me telling me this
The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown
The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown.
The server might not be sending the appropriate intermediate certificates.
An additional root certificate may need to be imported. :-(

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 1 Nov 2017 12:54

Norton / Symantec 360 is obsolete.

Suggest you remove it and install an up to date version of Norton - the current one does not have the performance problems of the past.

Firefox automatically checks the root credentials for every web site visited giving the user the option of continuing or not. It does not report any problem with GR or FMP. It does report (for example) that "the Independent" root cert is incorrect.

Cheryl

Cheryl Report 1 Nov 2017 13:07

Thankyou I will try other things first I have been using Norton for 15 years and never had a problem

Cheryl

Cheryl Report 1 Nov 2017 13:14

I have fixed my problem thankyou for your reply. I had to make an exception to the site
Regards Cheryl