General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Finally been beaten

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 5 Nov 2017 23:25

I do like cheese to be strong and preferably British but I bought some Cambazola from Iceland a few weeks ago.

It sat in the refrigerator, un-opened until tonight when I had some with biscuits and it nearly burned my mouth. Wow!

I love Gorgonzola and would have expected a French cheese to damp it down some,can't usually be bothered with French, but this is a lethal combination. I could only eat a little bit.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 6 Nov 2017 00:23

*puts on shopping list*
Where did you get it, Sharron?

Sharron

Sharron Report 6 Nov 2017 00:27

Iceland, would you believe?

No, not the country!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 6 Nov 2017 00:30

:-D :-D :-D :-D
I thought you meant it was Icelandic Cambazola :-D :-D
(like Icelandic yogurt)
I shall try to remember to buy some next time I'm in town :-D

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 6 Nov 2017 07:15

I love it

Find Gorgonzola stronger tasting than cambazola .

I like strong cheeses but not keen on Camembert

:-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 6 Nov 2017 12:19

I expect your Cambaloza would be delicious in a Cauliflower Cheese, Sharron :-D

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 6 Nov 2017 17:40

Strange, I have always found Cambazola not to be particularly strong.....Maybe my taste buds are going :-(

I usually have Sainsburys' own, it's delish :-D

Chris

Sharron

Sharron Report 6 Nov 2017 17:45

Maybe you need to leave it in the fridge for too long.

Elizabeth2469049

Elizabeth2469049 Report 6 Nov 2017 18:22

All cheeses are tasteless when refrigerated! Can't think what happened to your cambozola Sharron, I have always found it relatively mild. I have to hide anything in the nature of softer cheese in a cheese dish with a lid as otherwise OH tidies iit away into the fridge or even the freezer. Take out of the fridge some hours before you use it!