General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Fine dining tonight.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 11 Nov 2017 17:50

A battered jam sandwich.

Yum, yum,yum,yum.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 11 Nov 2017 17:54

Have you hit it with a hammer Sharron ;-) :-D :-D :-D

Allan

Allan Report 11 Nov 2017 21:02

Knowing Sharron, the sandwich was probably dipped in batter and deep fried :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 11 Nov 2017 21:30

Oh yes ,indeed.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 11 Nov 2017 21:52

:-S :-S :-S

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 12 Nov 2017 00:31

Oh, naughty but nice!

Has the cat been about since your jaunt?

Lizxx

Sharron

Sharron Report 12 Nov 2017 01:13

No, it was jam, not cannabis. Jam is perfectly legal, nothing naughty about jam.

I am just waiting for the cat's second visit of the night. He was looking a bit interested in the front room when he came in earlier.

It is about time stopped he going out again and stayed in here out of the weather..

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 12 Nov 2017 05:25

Definitely, it's a shame animals don't understand logic and commonsense lol

I wish I could mark my hedgehogs so I know which one is which, I know there are three because they all turned up together a couple of times and one is much smaller than t'others. It's stressful, I have to keep watch as local cats keep sneaking round to pinch the food. I must try to make a feeding station soon

Lizxx

Sharron

Sharron Report 12 Nov 2017 15:51

A liittle spot of Tip-Ex on the front of the back of one and a little spot on the rear of the back of the other or a tiny spot of nail varnish of a different colour on each.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 12 Nov 2017 17:37

I thought of that but catching them is the problem, I don't want to scare them off. Will see what I can do, only need to mark two as the third one is much smaller. They do all seem to be growing, thankfully

Lizxx

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 12 Nov 2017 22:36

When we lived in a prefab, with a 'lean-to' attached, with, helpfully, a square 'hole' for the cats to get in and out, I'd regularly find hedgehogs eating the cat food, while the cats stood in line, waiting their turn :-D :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 12 Nov 2017 23:25

My Tommy cat only liked the gravy, which he would lick off the meat very carefully. He would have to have had a very poor night's hunting to even consider eating the pieces of meat.

However, the baby hedgehog I was wintering didn't like to have gravy on her meat, so she had what he left. Ideally, she liked the cat food that was not in pieces but looked more like Spam but she got what she was given.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 13 Nov 2017 00:18

Apparently they do prefer meat with jelly, not gravy. I looked outside a moment ago and the small dish I use has disappeared! The other dish is nearly empty, methinks foxy has been calling and taken the whole plastic container with him! Must make the feeding station soon.

Maggie, the other night it was hedgie queuing behind the cat lol

Lizxx

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 13 Nov 2017 00:30

:-D :-D :-D :-D

..obviously more polite than the hedgehogs we had!!

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 13 Nov 2017 01:19

we're just back from a trip to Quebec City ............ we stopped in a small quebecois restaurant/cafe for late lunch one day. OH ordered a grilled cheese sandwich, a little more expensive than usual at $16.00 (ca £6 to £8).

Two thick slices of bread, and a hunk of brie cheese with some sort of breaded coating between them, plus a heap of French fries.

He said it was excellent!!!!

Quite a change from the usual Kraft cheese slices between two thin slices of bread!

Sharron

Sharron Report 13 Nov 2017 11:30

I had never thought of a grilled cheese sandwich.

I am sure Fred would have considered that foreign muck. I used to give him stale bread rolls with cheese in and put them in the microwave for two minutes.

Well, I was not going to chuck stale stuff away when it would do for him was I?

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 13 Nov 2017 14:43

should think that they would be a bit chewy, Sharron, did Fred have his own teeth?

Sharron

Sharron Report 13 Nov 2017 16:19

No, he had dentures and they were pretty worn out.

If you warm up stale bread it is usually soft and the cheese was melted and runny.

He looked like he was enjoying it but he might just have thought it was a good idea to or he wouldn't get anything at all!

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Nov 2017 16:55

Lol Sharron, I often put cheses between two slices of toast and flash it in the microwave for a minute so the cheese melts. Doesn't half burn your tongue if you eat it too soon.