General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hmmm! looks good to me!....LOL

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 13 Nov 2017 14:16

The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and as applicable,
copyright in these is reserved to HM Revenue&Customs. Unless expressly authorised by us,
any further dissemination or distribution of this email or its attachments is prohibited.

HMRC Transaction Confirmation : 48717003185416
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please retain for your records

Thank you
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We've tried to send your tax refund directly on your credit/debit card, but
we don't have that information stored.
You have received this email to be notified that HMRC has issued a refund
and you'll receive it directly on your credit/debit card.
Transaction details:
Transaction for the value of: 351.31
Description: HMRC Refund
Merchant's cart ID: 2749-7B6-679075
Authorisation Date/Time: 13/November/2017 08:49:39
HMRC transaction ID: 43478084754233
If you want to receive your refund, complete your request here http://hmrevenue-txid2eq6x.ganeamo.com/

Enquiries

This confirmation only indicates that your transaction has been processed successfully.
It does not indicate that your order has been accepted.
It is the responsibility of HMRC to confirm that your order has been accepted, and to deliver any goods or services you have ordered.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 13 Nov 2017 14:45

As you have been able to copy and send this e-mail it follows that you have opened it. That is one of the worst things you can do with this kind of e-mail. Why hasn't it got straight into the trash?

On top by sending it to those who may not have qdequate protection/sense a possible trojan has been propagted.

Suggest you Google on this technical term: "dummy"
More than a few boards wuld have blacklisted you for this.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 14 Nov 2017 01:06

Also forwarded to phishing @hmrc.......

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 14 Nov 2017 08:23

Bob,I had one of these too!!
I believed you copied & pasted - something everyone does, which does not 'send' it anywhere, neither does it infect anything with a Trojan.

It's a right pain when 'Spam' doesn't know where it belongs, isn't it?
Rotten scammers change addresses and the darned 'new' stuff doesn't go into the 'junk folder' unless you direct it there, does it? :-|

...well not for mere mortals, anyway....

Oh, and don't you have to at least half open it forward it? *tsk*

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 14 Nov 2017 13:40

there are usually a link, which I stay well away from when copying these scams..

Ps it WAS in my spam folder but I thought others might need to be aware of it!