General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lots of visitors!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 17 Nov 2017 10:55

I live at no2 Council Houses, Country Lane.

The man who lives in the big house on the smallholding opposite, no2 Country Lane, has had a fall or some sort of medical mishap and needs the attention of nurses. I think ever nurse who has been to him has knocked our door first.

This morning there was a telephone call from the pharmacy to say they would be delivering a prescription here tomorrow morning. I was busy (still in bed) upstairs and thought the knocking I heard was next door doing something so I ignored it.

Coming downstairs (when I eventually got up!) I found a card to say that the pharmacy had attempted to deliver to me and was sorry they had missed me.

Ringing the pharmacy caused further confusion as English was the second language (very good English I might add!) of the lady who answered the telephone.

Of course, the driver had come to the wrong address.

I think the man across the road has a delivery from Wiltshire Farm Foods when he is not well They come in and pop a lot of frozen meals in your freezer for you don't they?

I might just leave the back door unlocked on the off chance!.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 17 Nov 2017 11:15

Oh dear. Perhaps you could stick a note on your door that says “Mr X lives opposite”?
Mind you, it might have been ‘muscle memory’ from their frequent visits to Fred :-D

We’ve twice had a blue light ambulance turn up at the end of our Close. (Hint - a Close is a dead end). They were relying on a Sat Nav & actually wanted a named bungalow backing on to it. As the home in question is currently up for sale, we’re assuming the poorly person has now passed away.

Sharron

Sharron Report 17 Nov 2017 11:23

But the people bringing the food might see it!

Caroline

Caroline Report 17 Nov 2017 12:30

I think a nice big welcome come in from the cold mat is called for Sharron....just in case

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 17 Nov 2017 16:53

well today i had a large letter delivered with the "photo do not bend "on the outside

was my house nos and the road started with a W the same as mine but the road was over 3 miles away
Am going out tomorrow so may not see the postman to return it so thought i would redeliver and then go on to the shopping mall to get my prescription and a top up shop. Bought more than I intended of course!!!

well £26 later i have done my good deed but somehow think it cost me money .