General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hand Blenders for Soup

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 24 Nov 2017 08:52

Any recommendations please for a handblender.....no fancy attachments necessary.?

It's required task will be to blend soups in the cooking saucepan to avoid transferring the liquid to another container.
Do I need a high wattage? There seem to be varying powers.

Some reviews suggest some machines don't last very long.

Have looked online, but any personal thoughts would be welcome please.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 24 Nov 2017 09:05

I being on a diet make a lot of soups and I have a faithful Tesco Stick blender. It is just the basic 2 speed one and I find it so easy to clean and very reliable. It's been with me for about 4 years now :-)

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 24 Nov 2017 09:10

I've had a Braun one for years - very straightforward and reliable.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 24 Nov 2017 09:14

We have a Cuisinart picked up half price in a January sale. It also comes with a single whisk attachment, handy for cream. Both attachments are dishwasher proof.

Sharron

Sharron Report 24 Nov 2017 12:59

I like to sieve soup after I have put it in the liquidizer so have never thought to buy a stick blender as well.

Apart from not much liking the texture of soup that has not been through a sieve, I also save the sievings to mix with other left-overs to go in pasties for OH's lunchbox, already.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 24 Nov 2017 14:34

I also have a Braun (inherited, so age unknown) but it is very good. It has a whisk as well, for cream or eggwhites, and a total of 6 different speeds.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 24 Nov 2017 15:50

I've got one somewhere - at the back of a drawer :-S

Kay????

Kay???? Report 24 Nov 2017 17:24

Stellar Stick Blender, Silver, 750 W
by Stellar
3.5 out of 5 stars 4 customer reviews | 3 answered questions
RRP: £72.00
Price: £37.72 FREE UK delivery.
You Save: £34.28 (48%)
In stock.
Want it delivered by Tuesday, 28 Nov.? Choose One-Day Delivery at checkout. Details
Dispatched from and sold by Harts Of Stur.
3 new from £37.72
Variable speed turn the illuminated top dial to adjust the power
Turbo mode
Super sharp stainless steel blades.

instock as amazon black friday item. half price ....voted in the top 8 hand stick blenders.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 24 Nov 2017 21:00

Many thanks for your thoughts and recommendations.

I will read up about the brands and see which will be most suitable for the person who hinted this would be a most welcome gift.

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 24 Nov 2017 22:44

Braun is the best make braun MQ100 Curry Hand Blender - White572/2682ke of blender.I use mine nearly everyday. £17-99

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 25 Nov 2017 18:44

Thanks for that Sue.

I will check that out.
It sounds very reasonable too.

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 26 Nov 2017 18:53

Gwyn Lissy bought us one years ago has blender attachment, whisk attachment and a mini food processor. Steve uses the blender attachment for soup ad its not a high powered one and wasn't an expensive one and soup is always good and no sudden lumps so don't think it matters on the wattage etc. CHeap does the job just as well and old masterchef doesn't know how he coped without it.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 26 Nov 2017 22:45

Lovely to see you Dawn !
Thank you for posting.

I'm sure Steve's soups would be delicious.
Good to know that it's not necessary to pay a fortune.
I'll have a look what looks suitable this week, when I go into town shopping..

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 27 Nov 2017 07:24

Gwyn

His soups are nice and seeing as he's banned me from kitchen after I left a fryer on almost setting it on fire I have no choice but to enjoy his offerings lol. X