General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CORRIE OLDIES!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 29 Nov 2017 20:22

ITV 3 ~ 6.20am & 6.45 am ~ Old episodes of Coronation Street!

Currently the episodes are from 1986 .

Gail and Brian have separated and she's pregnant (with Sarah)
Ivy is horrified when Brian is dating! :-D

A young Martin Platt and Phyllis Pierce (with trademark blue rinse) are in the cafe.

Newly weds Kevin and Sally are in Hilda's.

Curly Watts and Terry Duckworth are in business together!:-0

Percy Sugden as annoying as ever!

Mavis is in a quandary over the married Derek, and Rita is as glamorous as I remembered!

Bet Lynch in the Rovers with Gloria and Betty behind the bar.
Ken Barlow and daughter Susan.
Vera and Jack.
Emily Bishop has been the victim of a conman!

AND THE GINGER CAT IS STILL ON THE ROOF :-D

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 29 Nov 2017 20:53

When these aired I was living in the Gulf so we watched Corrie using VHS tapes which took about a month to arrive inc customs clearance.

The ginger cat strolling across the roof meant the UK for me far more than any white cliffs of Dover. It all made me very homesick.

thank you for the information
I don't like Corrie any more but I did then.

Dermot

Dermot Report 30 Nov 2017 07:43

Whatever happened to the 'Snug Bar'? I assume the Duckworth house cladding has now been removed.

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 30 Nov 2017 10:55

Hi Rollo and Dermot :-)

I'm enjoying the nostalgic value of the show. I'm also getting into the storylines again! :-D

Dermot- The Duckworth's cladding happened in 1989 ... so another 3 years to wait for that!

The Snug disappeared some years earlier when they revamped the Rovers and put in the cubicle areas.

bob

bob Report 1 Dec 2017 19:06

You REALLY get up at that time to watch repeats of a soap?

bob

bob Report 1 Dec 2017 19:07

By the way, that was only gentle joshing.

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 1 Dec 2017 20:07

Nooooo Bob .... I have set the recording box :-D

bob

bob Report 2 Dec 2017 18:30

I stopped watching Corrie years ago. It used to be funny, with most couples double acts. Jack and Vera, Stan and Hilda, but all that has now been replaces by "gritty realism". I never could watch East Enders as it is so far from reality as to be laughable. Most east enders now are from ethnic minorities. That is not a racist remark, by the way, just an observation. Emmerdale has nothing to do with farming. As for "Doctors", well... A person walks in and says "I want to see a doctor", and the receptionist says "Right, go in to see him in room 3" Just like that. If I tried that in my doctor's I might get an appointment two weeks hence.