General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

SHE IS OFF AGAIN.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

martynsue

martynsue Report 30 Nov 2017 17:36

some of you may have followed my stories about my 80 year old mum and her solo holiday trips,today she has gone on a cruise to the artic circle,she flew to Bergen Norway to start her adventure.
now I know we have snow here but I think she will be feeling a lot colder than I am at the moment.
she only got back from a cruise round the southern Croatian islands on October, talk about a drastic temperature drop.

sue

Fly

Fly Report 30 Nov 2017 18:02

Good luck to your Mum Sue <3the little jet setter :-D :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 30 Nov 2017 18:06

She is a goer she, no doubt about that, good luck to her.

martynsue

martynsue Report 30 Nov 2017 18:16

i have to say she did look like a mitchelin man in all of them layers she will be wearing.just before she left she told me she has booked and paid for a holiday in may.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 30 Nov 2017 18:54

Well done your Mum Sue......Good on her and bless her cotton socks.

:-D

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 30 Nov 2017 19:03

Good for her....adventurous lady...Prickles don't you mean thermal socks :-D

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 30 Nov 2017 19:07

Good on her
I am constantly told I should get out more so I am in awe that your mum is off on her travels again

My excuse is I don't want to do things on my own but really it's no excuse cos once you are off you will get lots of chats and company

:-D

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 30 Nov 2017 19:28

Ooops,....... Bless her thermal socks.

;-)

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 30 Nov 2017 19:30

:-D :-D :-D

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 30 Nov 2017 22:10

Well all I can say is good luck to your Mum on her travels! She is certainly a positive thinker and obviously likes having something to look forward to. Hope she has a lovely time.

Lizx

Barbra

Barbra Report 1 Dec 2017 08:51

Sue your Mum sounds a wonderful lady hope she has a good time Bless her :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 1 Dec 2017 11:12

Can't hold 'em down can you?