General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Bancroft

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 12 Dec 2017 21:20

Anyone watching it? What do you think?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 12 Dec 2017 21:30

Not sure. If we’ve been shown ‘Who did it’, is it worth carrying on??

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 12 Dec 2017 21:35

That is what I thought. Maybe we are missing something. She is not a nice person is she? I suppose I will keep watching and see what happens.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 12 Dec 2017 21:36

OH has drifted off into another room. It obviously hasn’t kept his interest.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 12 Dec 2017 21:48

I suppose we are watching it unfold from both sides at once. How she hopefully gets caught and how she tries to evade capture.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 12 Dec 2017 22:05

Well that caught my attention. Wonder if it was a lesbian relationship gone wrong?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 12 Dec 2017 22:49

I thought she may have been having an affair with the murdered woman’s husband & that he was the father of her child.

Having been brought up to believe the vast majority of police were law abiding themselves, it’s uncomfortable watching someone who has taken 2 lives.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 12 Dec 2017 23:24

Detective should check the records for senior officers in the Met. who have or are doing time let alone the foot soldiers. Shock?
I thought Bancroft a bit of a mish mash of UK police dramas over the last few years with a contrived plot and wooden acting. Line of Duty it is not.

miss

If you want something a lot better there is Witnesses on BBC4.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 12 Dec 2017 23:34

Oh, I know. One of our previous friends got banged up because he kept quiet. Colleagues were recycling drug seizures for profit. He didn’t blow the whistle as he thought his superiors might be involved.

On the other hand, murder by one is rarely in the news, certainly not by female police officers.

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 13 Dec 2017 00:04

A reverse murder drama, Rellik, was on BBC1 a few months ago . I really did lose the plot with that one.

I am still on the fence about Bancroft after two episodes, but as it is on four consecutive nights I might persevere. At least I won't have to work too hard to remember the previous episode!! :-) ;-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Dec 2017 14:57

Lyndi, my thoughts exactly and I can't say that I thought the acting was that bad. Shall be interested to see how it pans out.

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 14 Dec 2017 00:29

Well, I will have to watch the last episode now, if only to see how many more she can kill before she is found out or finished off! :-S :-0

The plot is more than a bit far fetched me thinks ;-) ;-)

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 14 Dec 2017 00:49

Didn't bother.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 14 Dec 2017 15:24

Ooh, she is a nasty piece of work isn't she? Lyndi, the young forensic girl must be in the frame I reckon. Yes I have to watch it to the end now, with that many killings it is worse than Midsummer murders. :-D :-D

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 14 Dec 2017 15:35

I started to watch it but it didn't grab me I,m afraid

Switched over !!

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 14 Dec 2017 20:28

Well Detective is right .

More police are and have been serving time at HMP than is comfortable. OTOH the numbers suggest somebody is watching out as quite a few of the convictions are for corruption, drug dealing and other undesirable activities,

But here is the cruncher. Despite many instances of people meeting a violent end at the hands of the police there has never been a prosecution of a police officer for murder let alone a conviction despite the many complaints,

Not even one which leaves the Bancroft plot way out on a limb.

A current French hit has the malefactor killing all the husbands and boyfriends of girls he knew in convent school. He keeps the collected bodies in freezers. Once he has a bus load he puts the frozen corpses on a stolen school bus and leaves them on a lonely road for the police to pick up, deep frozen.

Maybe it is some sort of meme we are not picking up on , police officers as serial murderers. What if they are and are getting away with it in the same way as the Crawley cat killer?

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 14 Dec 2017 22:06

Well looks like it is not out on a limb because at the end of the series she appears to have got away with it. Definitely unfinished leaving it open for another series. Having killed a ‘suspect’ and badly injured a police officer who was trying to expose her. And what is more she has been promoted.

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 14 Dec 2017 23:50

I was disappointed with the ending - but as you say Ann, enough open ends for another series.

I think I prefer the gentler Vera lol - looking forward to it's return next month ;-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 15 Dec 2017 12:59

Was not that keen on Bancroft Lyndi. I thought it was a very sloppy ending. I can't believe that she would have got away with all that with so much pointing at her. I suppose a new series, if made will start with Katherine waking up and remembering. Who knows. shan't miss it anyway.

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 16 Dec 2017 09:37

Waste of four evenings viewing!
A very sloppy effort, these days where even a word out of place in a text can get you the sack no way would she have got promotion.