General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My Christmas Tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MotownGal Report 13 Dec 2017 15:32

Just put mine up, a little later than some of you ladies and gents.

We have lived in our street for longer than most of the others, it has a high turnover, there always agents boards going up. Most young professionals now.

Now, their trees are very sophisticated. Silver baubles and white lights. Nothing wrong with that, I'm not criticising at all.

But holds so many memories.

Those baubles the kids got out of their Happy Meals in 1989. The tinsel that has seen better days, but is still pretty and sparkly. The wooden toys we all bought together at the local market stall. The felt stockings we bought at the Brownie Christmas Fayre. The fairy we bought at the department store on a trip to Oxford Street. And of course the multicolours flashing lights!!

A dogs dinner? Maybe, but I would not have it any other way!

:-) <3

Londonbelle Report 13 Dec 2017 15:51

Have you been peeking at my Tree, Maddie :-0 :-0

Oh no, you can't have cos it's still in it's box :-D

When it comes out to play it will look just like long as the lights work :-D :-D

Fly Report 13 Dec 2017 18:19

I need to take mine out of the box :-D and plug it in ;-)

MotownGal Report 13 Dec 2017 19:22

Oooh I forgot the clogs from Amsterdam from No 1 Son's ex!

Mini clogs, not full size ones!

:-D :-D :-D :-D

Londonbelle Report 13 Dec 2017 19:29

But minus the mini clogs :-0 :-0

maggiewinchester Report 13 Dec 2017 19:34

I put corn dollies on my Christmas tree :-D

Oh - and large suns with smiling faces painted on, small gold plated fish and jellyfish, and maroon and gold plaster crescent moons :-D :-D

Allan Report 13 Dec 2017 20:32

What's a Christmas Tree?

Bah Humbug!

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Nottsgirl Report 14 Dec 2017 07:35

Mine's going up on Saturday my grandaughter Debbie aged 7 and grandson Shane aged 3 are going to do it for me while I put my feet up god knows how it will look when they are done but they love doing it. :-D :-D

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 14 Dec 2017 08:37

I had to give up on the big tree when hubby was having mobility problems

He had a fall one year into the tree and the both went down . Him all tangled up in flashing lights and broken baubles . He got a few cuts from the broken ones

I bought a small tree with fibre optic tips which plugs in and they change colour as a disc underneath slowly rotates .

It stands on the sideboard safely out of the way

Granddaughter popped in last week and I intended to ask her to get in out of the loft but we got sidetracked wifh her asking if the cat needed his flea treatment .
She holds him for me so I can apply the drops

So no tree at the moment ,but hopefully she will be in this week and it will be on display again

MotownGal Report 14 Dec 2017 09:06

Christmas, Allan, is the season of Goodwill. As you should know by now Nephew!

Not a time of sucking on boiled sweets! ;-) ;-) ;-)

Allan Report 14 Dec 2017 11:21

Boiled sweets, Aunty, boiled sweets?

I have a good supply of lemons ;-) :-D :-D :-D

MotownGal Report 14 Dec 2017 19:28

We used to let the kiddliewinkles decorate the tree. Putting all the baubles to the front and none at the back!

We praised them for their lovely handiwork. Then when we put them to bed, we took them all off and decorated it all over again!

:-D :-D :-D :-D

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 15 Dec 2017 07:21

Granddaughter is taking me out to lunch on Saturday so will have to remember to ask her to get the tree down for me