General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Another one written off

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 13 Dec 2017 22:25

About three years ago, the wife of a friend of mine came home to find him unconcious on the floor of their front room. He had some sort of raging infection emanating from his hip I think and a benign brain tumour.

Anyway, after a long spell in hospital, he was sent , in his mid fifties, to a nursing home to live out the three months or so that he had left and there was not going to be a chance for them to know and interact with him again.

He is moving into a flat next week.

He will be living alone because his wife is twenty years older than him and he is such an awkward bugger by nature that nobody would expect her to be able to look after him, in fact he was her carer before he was taken ill.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 13 Dec 2017 23:55

I hope I'm such an awkward Bugger I can defy death!! :-D :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 14 Dec 2017 00:12

They didn't want him up there or down there.

He says he doesn't need carers and he thinks he is going to be driving again. Don't think that is going to happen!

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 14 Dec 2017 02:05

My son is convinced I will live to be 100, just to bug him lol

It's going to be eye opening for that man to find he can't manage without help. Does his wife still see him?

Lizx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 14 Dec 2017 02:05

My son is convinced I will live to be 100, just to bug him lol

It's going to be eye opening for that man to find he can't manage without help. Does his wife still see him?

Lizx

Dermot

Dermot Report 14 Dec 2017 08:44

Care for the carers too!

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 14 Dec 2017 10:28

Liz, your son sounds like mine! If I mention the fact that OH and I, being in our 80's, could drop dead any minute, his reply is always, "Nonsense Mum, you're as tough as old boots!".

Even old boots don't last for ever. :-) :-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 14 Dec 2017 11:15

His wife still sees him, as do his sons, but he is him and he has to do it his way!

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 14 Dec 2017 15:22

It is proably his stubborness that keeps him going.