General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What a shame

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 15 Dec 2017 16:36

Harry is to marry on 19 May, the same day as the FA Cup Final.

How inconsiderate. If they’d chosen a different day, we could have had 2 crowd free days out instead of one :-0

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 15 Dec 2017 17:19

:-| :-| :-| :-|. How very dare he if he had planned it a few days later he could have timed it on the same day as my birthday and sent me an invitation to party :-D :-D :-D :-D

Kay????

Kay???? Report 15 Dec 2017 17:29

Of course,,,,

so he can be free to watch the game.......simple :-D :-D.

bob

bob Report 15 Dec 2017 19:21

Sounds like a good time to go away on holiday.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 15 Dec 2017 19:41

Forgot to add I personally will be watching the footie :-D :-D :-D

Florence61

Florence61 Report 15 Dec 2017 21:57

so if the FA cup is televised, is the royal wedding going to be as well? if so how will that work I wonder?

Florence
in the hebrides

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 15 Dec 2017 22:05

Probably depends on which channel has the football rights.

Visit London website, not updated since the Final was announced, suggests the shops will be nice & quiet.

For those of us who have little interest in either event, it’ll be a good day to go out :-D

Kay????

Kay???? Report 15 Dec 2017 22:40

Mind Harry can always get his double Alexander Armstrong to stand in if he wants to go to the match.

;-) :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 15 Dec 2017 22:44

FA cup is scheduled for Sky sports and BBC according to website

Sharron

Sharron Report 15 Dec 2017 23:08

Nothing on tele that day then.

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 16 Dec 2017 08:25

London may not be that quiet. Football fans usually get into London from about 8am and wander around the West End before they go to the match.

I only made that mistake once, and got swept along in a tide of football scarfs!

:-D :-D :-D :-D

Allan

Allan Report 16 Dec 2017 09:09

Just so that I am not only known as a Christmas Grinch, I couldn't give a rodent's rectum about either event :-0 :-0

:-D :-D :-D

PS I have nothing against Prince Harry nor his Fiancé, but I do find the media hysteria covering the pair over the top :-0

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 16 Dec 2017 09:46

Both events will have to be policed :-(

Barbra

Barbra Report 16 Dec 2017 11:36

Cup final on our television hope the best team win :-D :-D ;-)