General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Roy Orbison

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 16 Dec 2017 12:01

Did anybody see the documentary about him last night, followed by the black and white concert?

So much tragedy in one life and doesn't his oldest remaining son, Wesley look like him?

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 16 Dec 2017 12:10

Most poignant video track ever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwqhdRs4jyA
Roy is the rocking chair

Roy was one of the real giants of rock 'n roll. I have been a fan since the 60s.

Sharron

Sharron Report 16 Dec 2017 12:23

But I was asking if you had seen the documentary.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 16 Dec 2017 15:54

yes, a few months ago it was a repeat and is quite often shown on various tv channels. Roy's life story in some ways reflects his songs.

Sharron

Sharron Report 16 Dec 2017 16:13

No, this one had never been shown before.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 16 Dec 2017 16:52

Didnt see the never seen before his son has promoted but saw one a while back,Yes Wesley is a double..

I'm going to see the Hologram Tour in April in Hamersmith,its a sell out already!!!
also saw Roy at the Paladium in 1966,which is where I got his autograph,he did loads that night in the foyer.no butch security back then, ;-) :-D :-D.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 16 Dec 2017 19:33

I didn't see it - and forgot to ask youngest, today if she'd seen it.
She's been a fan since the age of 3 :-S

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 17 Dec 2017 06:52

I have several recordings of the Roy Orbison programmes, I have loved his voice and songs since I was a young teenager. There was so much tragedy in his life.

Lizxx