General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A Rhetorical Question

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 17 Dec 2017 21:10

Or maybe an Observation?

Whichever, I am not seeking any long, technological, jargon filled answer, or even any answer at all

But when I post on GR the post appears worldwide almost instantaneously as does any response.

When someone who lives not 500 metres from me sends me an email, why can it take up to forty five minutes for the flaming thing to appear in my inbox?

:-| :-| :-|

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 17 Dec 2017 21:23

Technology!!!! :-| :-| :-| :-| :-|

Allan

Allan Report 17 Dec 2017 21:41

Lol, Maggie :-D :-D

Two tins and a length of string would be better, and a damn sight faster :-D :-D

Rambling

Rambling Report 17 Dec 2017 21:46

I don't know, but the same applies to Facebook messages and notifications, which often turn up the following day :-S

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 17 Dec 2017 21:51

..and 'things' on FB go missing too! :-(

Joy

Joy Report 17 Dec 2017 22:53

Error
Sorry. An error has occurred
The page you were trying to load has experienced an error. This error has been logged and will be investigated.

If you hit the back button on your browser, it will return you to the page you were on, and you may like to try the action again. If you repeatedly experience the same error, please contact Customer Support.

If you were following a link from your favourites, an email or from another site, the link may have changed. We recommend returning to the home page of the Genes Reunited site, and following the existing menu options to navigate to the same content.

To return to the home page, click on the Genes Reunited logo.

Allan

Allan Report 17 Dec 2017 23:12

?????? :-S

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 17 Dec 2017 23:20

email is not real time but batch
user boards are real time
simples

Allan

Allan Report 17 Dec 2017 23:25

Thank you, Rollo :-)

Joy

Joy Report 24 Dec 2017 15:30

Nearly every time, Alan, which is why I don't often visit the site.

Error
Sorry. An error has occurred
The page you were trying to load has experienced an error. This error has been logged and will be investigated.

If you hit the back button on your browser, it will return you to the page you were on, and you may like to try the action again. If you repeatedly experience the same error, please contact Customer Support.

If you were following a link from your favourites, an email or from another site, the link may have changed. We recommend returning to the home page of the Genes Reunited site, and following the existing menu options to navigate to the same content.

To return to the home page, click on the Genes Reunited logo.