General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

So unlucky!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 19 Dec 2017 08:56

My poor son never has any luck!

He has just messaged me to say he is currently at the hospital having surgery on yet another ingrown hair, in an uncomfortable place! He's been on antibiotics for several days but the doc decided the abcess wasn't clearing up as well as it could so told him to go to hospital first thing this morning.

Hope it heals faster than the last one, he won't be having a very exciting Christmas! It's so unfair!

Lizxx

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 19 Dec 2017 09:20

He sounds as though he has a s much luck as my youngest Liz. I hope all goes well and he has a quick recovery

Mersey

Mersey Report 19 Dec 2017 09:55

I hope all goes well for him Liz <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 19 Dec 2017 10:31

Hope all goes well for him and that it heals quickly. So uncomfortable for him poor fellow.

Sharron

Sharron Report 19 Dec 2017 11:54

OH gets infected piles from time to time.

Amusing as they sound, they do knock him back a long way and he does own a packet of things for the occasions when they burst that you would not associate with a 6'8" man!

Now they really are amusing!

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 Dec 2017 14:19

It's sounds very painful

Piles to seem to be funny hah hah but they are very painful especially if they bleed

Had two ops for them and the recuperation isn't nice

Sharron

Sharron Report 19 Dec 2017 15:15

It's his packet of ladies unmentionables I laugh at.

Incidentally, all that hand and body cream that doesn't ever get on to your hands or body can be very soothing on your farmers!

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 19 Dec 2017 22:48

Lol Sharron, poor man, having all his intimate secrets revealed!

Poor G. waited all day with no food, finally after many emergency ops taking precedence, they decided to keep him in and do the surgery in the morning. He's vegan so they found him a jacket potato for his dinner! He took no toiletries etc in with him but a nurse has just taken him a tooth brush and paste so he will feel better with fresh breath. He wears a full beard so needn't worry about shaving.

Earlier this evening my 80 yr old cousin in Buckingham, who has a pacemaker, called while I was out, she told o.h she is back in hospital. She's only been home a week after a recent 4 wk stay because she went dizzy on her way into her home, fell and hit her head and had a stroke then had a heart attack in the hospital. It had left her tired and breathless but no other problems, so I hope this is just a blip and she will be ok and well enough to get out to her son's for Christmas.

Just hoping there isn't a third patient to hear about!

Lizxx

Sharron

Sharron Report 20 Dec 2017 10:52

I hope G has awoken with a better bum this morning or has one by the end of the day.

ann

ann Report 20 Dec 2017 22:21

Liz my hubby had one on his back and had to have it operated on 13 years ago. After the op it all got infected and he had a terrible time and has a really bad scar. Saying that he had a major op for prostate cancer on the 7th Nov. Yesterday he got the all clear and don't need radiotherapy. Hope your son will soon be over it but don't look like he will have a good Christmas xx