General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Pinterest

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 20 Dec 2017 12:11

Is anybody on it? What I want to know is if it is possible to direct topics towards somebody.

I can't remember why I ever signed up for it but I have never posted anything on it, don't even know how to and I know OH's mother is on it.

Now, I can promise I have never looked at anything,probably anywhere on the internet that I can remember, involving wedding dresses or themes and neither have I shown much interest in engagement rings although I think some are very well designed I still don't want anything like that getting in my way.

Every day there is a another post in my inbox of things I might be interest from Pinterest and every time it is bloody engagement rings and wedding themes or dresses. I am more interested in breeding alligators!

OH's mother is extremely interested and has been for the last thirty years, I am sure she is sending it all my way!

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 20 Dec 2017 13:20

I am on it but don't profess to understand what to do with it. do keep some of the pins sometimes but that is all. If you can 'find' Mersey she might be able to tell you, think she is on it.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 20 Dec 2017 13:25

I started to sign up as I wanted to download a decoration pattern. Once they said they wanted agreement to grab my linked email contact list, I aborted. It hasn’t stopped them bombarding the email address with links!

Von

Von Report 20 Dec 2017 13:39

Go to the bottom of your Pinterest page. Scroll down to privacy and change your settings or ditch it altogether. ;-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 20 Dec 2017 13:45

I can ignore it but I just wondered why they should keep sending me what they do. Maybe there is very little else that is any more interesting.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 20 Dec 2017 13:57

Von, unfortunately as far as I’m aware I never created an account. Therefore, assuming you do have to enter a password, I don’t have one!
Thank you for the suggestion, though.

Von

Von Report 20 Dec 2017 14:22

DetEcTive - can you unsubscribe at the bottom of the emails. If not report as spam.

Yes you do need a password- I had to look mine up ;-)

I don't use Pinterest it as I find it a pain in the fundement :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 20 Dec 2017 14:24

More engagement rings today.

I would love them to send me something interesting.

Mersey

Mersey Report 20 Dec 2017 14:34

I use Pinterest all the time.....

I am sure you can via Inbox

There are 3 symbols to the top right of the page......

The symbol which is like a head if you click on that you can send things
and also receive

:-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 20 Dec 2017 14:36

Do you think his mother is sending them to me because I do?

Mersey

Mersey Report 20 Dec 2017 14:45

Could well be...can you not see her name anywhere?

Mersey

Mersey Report 20 Dec 2017 14:47

Have to say Pinterest can send them because of possible interest in the subject/topic

Sharron

Sharron Report 20 Dec 2017 15:00

It won't do her any good if she is sending them to me. Keeps her occupied I suppose!

Mersey

Mersey Report 20 Dec 2017 15:12

:-D :-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 20 Dec 2017 15:33

Brilliant, Von. All done :-D
As the inbox header had been showing Pinterest, I'd been deleting without viewing.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 20 Dec 2017 15:55

there you go

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/403212972857703995/?lp=true

:-D

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 20 Dec 2017 16:00

and of course this

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/481463016400189191/

Annx

Annx Report 20 Dec 2017 20:43

Sharron, if you look at things you like on there it will just send you emails with those things on. I do beading and painting so it sends me links on those. You sure you haven't been looking at rings!! lol :-) :-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 20 Dec 2017 21:10

Not that I can recall.