General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I am not really good

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ann

ann Report 26 Dec 2017 23:13

at running house. My husband has done everything from finance's and shopping to cooking. He was diagnosed with cancer in August and has had a major operation and is now cancer free? I have had to pick up and he has had to eat my dinners lol see me missing a lot going back to shops to get what I forgot for dinner. Also cutting the grass and putting bins out when he tells me lol. I have survived and so has he xx

Sharron

Sharron Report 27 Dec 2017 00:00

You really can surprise yourself can't you?

I bet you are much better at it all than you ever thought you were.

Well done you.

Caroline

Caroline Report 27 Dec 2017 00:03

Yes well done, not easy but when you have to you stepped up and dealt with it.

Autumnleaves

Autumnleaves Report 27 Dec 2017 00:33

Oh Ann you obviously have all the right ingredients for a good and happy caring
relationship /marriage and that is what matters most.

Best wishes that life will be kind and help you both to share many more happy times together

Autimnleaves

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 27 Dec 2017 07:52

Well done Ann, for stepping up when the going got tough! You never know what you can do till you try! I am so glad your husband is now cancer free and hope he will stay well so you can enjoy cooking together perhaps and sharing other chores. No more his and hers lol It's never a good idea for one person to do all, as when the sad time comes and one is left, they are often at a loss to deal with things.

I had to do all the things a man would do when I was a single mum, I was even good at a few things under the bonnet of the car in those days lol I think I am going to have to do more again as my o.h. gets less capable, and even more confused, but will know what I am up against when he has had his apptmt with the psychiatrist at the memory clinic and his consultation with the orthopaedic surgeon re his dodgy knees.

Change isn't always a disaster!

Lizx

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 27 Dec 2017 10:26

Well done, Ann. :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 27 Dec 2017 13:01

Well done Ann and I bet you feel great about yourself that you have been able to do it. You will feel more confident now if anything goes wrong in the future, which I hope won't of course. I hope your OH continues to be fit and well after the operation he had.

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 27 Dec 2017 19:48

Good for you Ann and well done too.

:-D :-D

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 27 Dec 2017 20:09

Well done Ann, it’s not easy so give yourself a pat on the back.
By the way, a woman I worked with years ago didn’t have a clue about anything domestic as her husband did it all too, when asked what she do if he became ill or passed out she said there is a list of what to do and when, top of the list was call a Doctor.

ann

ann Report 27 Dec 2017 22:57

I always done everything when all my children was small. Hubby worked most weeks 7 days. When children got older and hubby cut his hours down he took over. He has never had any hobbies so he took over running the house. I have plenty of hobbies and enjoy going out so just let him get on with it. Its been 20 odd years since I have run house and looks like I am keeping the job lol x