General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1939 census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carol

Carol Report 30 Dec 2017 18:20

I understand there was a1939 census carried out, how can i access this please
Thanks Carol

Rambling

Rambling Report 30 Dec 2017 18:25

It's not actually a census, it's a register taken on the eve of the war and is currently only available on Find my Past, now included on the monthly subscription.

You can read about it here https://www.findmypast.co.uk/1939register/1939-register-getting-started

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 30 Dec 2017 19:38

Carol if you want a look up on 1939 register message me and I will have a look for you.

By the way some of the records are closed mainly because of the age of the person.

Click on my name and you can send me the message.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 31 Dec 2017 00:29

..or in the case of my dad and aunt - another name was used :-|

Oh yes, and one of my grandmothers was mistranscribed as Skears, rather than Shears.
The other one used 4 different names on imprisonment in 1939 :-S :-S :-S :-S
We're a good family, honest guv :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 31 Dec 2017 02:09

Pull the uvver one Maggie!!

:-D <3 :-D