General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Political manoeuvres.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 3 Jan 2018 23:21

Shadow comes in twice of an evening to eat bikkies (I think it is just Shadow and not two different cats). He had done his first visit a couple of hours ago.

I thought I saw him at the bowl but it was not him, it was Spencer who lives in the house along the way where the new cat was caught (he is at the cat rescue awaiting his comeuppance for stealing from my kitchen which will happen tomorrow).

So Spencer is eating in a not terribly relaxed manner when who should come through the cat-flap but Shadow. They each did the slow motion bit and Shadow, for the first time, sat by the cat-flap playing his double bass. He has never done that before.

Anyway, they both left slowly and Shadow came back in but he caught me standing up, which I am not supposed to do it would appear, and he left.

He might not want to live here but it looks like it belongs to him. I am going to have to keep the door to the kitchen shut while the new one gets settled.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 3 Jan 2018 23:29

I presume, as Spencer has a home, he doesn't REALLY need to eat at yours!!

...maybe you've become the local 'take away' :-D :-D :-D

As for Shadow - he'll have to learn new rules!
He had his chance.

Sharron

Sharron Report 3 Jan 2018 23:33

I don't want Shadow to stop coming.

Spencer is a tart. He has been in and inspected but found us not to his exacting standards.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 3 Jan 2018 23:40

Shadow will have to learn that he won't see you when he's snaffling the food :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 3 Jan 2018 23:49

He is fine with that, we had the door closed last winter, but I am going to have to keep Jacky Milburn in the front room and upstairs while he acclimatizes.

I hope there is not a territory thing that drives Shadow out.

When we have had more than one cat before, they have hated each other but it was not territory, it was me they were jealous about. I think I smell of cat-nip!

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 4 Jan 2018 10:12

funny
;-)