General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A belated Happy New Year and...

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 6 Jan 2018 15:03

apologies for not answering emails and sending Christmas cards.

This has been explained elsewhere but hubby was seriously ill in October and had an op (which seems to have been successful). I then developed a 'cold' hah!!!! That's an understatement.

I have only popped in and out of Genes since then to make a comment here and there because my usually short temper was positively nuclear!!!!

If anyone else catches this vile 'thing' I really sympathise and hope you recover more quickly than I did.....

Sue

Rambling

Rambling Report 6 Jan 2018 15:13

Sorry to hear about your OH Sue, hope he's on the road to recovery now. Dan and I had the "vile thing" right over Christmas and New year ( still coughing) so that was pretty much a write off. And yes....my temper is very short too ;-)

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 6 Jan 2018 15:16

aaaah that's because we are both Sagittarians lolol doesn't exactly help does it?

Rambling

Rambling Report 6 Jan 2018 15:21

:-) :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 6 Jan 2018 15:30

Hope you are on the mend now Sue, So far we have managed to stay clear, I had it last Christmas so was relieved not to have a repeat this year.

Hope you are on the mend too Rose.

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 6 Jan 2018 15:35

I am thanks Ann but it was really grim, BTW email to a certain young man this week re adventurous travels

x

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 6 Jan 2018 16:12

Happy New Year Sis <3

Glad to hear that you have both recovered.... :-D

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 6 Jan 2018 16:36

Wishing you a very happy and healthy New Year Sue.

<3

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 6 Jan 2018 16:50

Thanks Bro and Prickles, just waiting for my humour to return (it may be a long wait)

;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)
x

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 6 Jan 2018 18:14

Happy New Year Sue, hope 2018 will be kind to you :-)

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 6 Jan 2018 18:15

Hoping that you soon feel a whole lot better Sue and that your husband makes a good recovery after his op.

Daughter had the illness, but recovered enough to join us on 25th, but all the broken nights and lack of sleep through coughing doesn't help, does it?

Hope you soon feel better to, Rose.

Mersey

Mersey Report 6 Jan 2018 18:37

Hi Sue <3 Sending you and your family Happy New Year Wishes <3 <3

Sorry to read about your hubby and hope things improve and get better over time <3

No point in me telling you to calm down dear because I know you won't ;-) ;-)

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 6 Jan 2018 18:57

Thanks Emma, Gwyn and Mersey.

My health was low down in the great scheme of things..lolol didn't stop me moaning though ;-)

xx

Kay????

Kay???? Report 6 Jan 2018 21:13

Same back at you...

Well I put the lergy down to not wearing a vest pulled down to your thighs! :-D.

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 6 Jan 2018 21:15

Happy Belated New Year to you and family.
Hope you are both on a slow road to recovery..

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 Massive Hugs.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 6 Jan 2018 22:47

Thanks Kay and Sue

I knew I should have tucked my liberty bodice into my knickers

xx

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 7 Jan 2018 00:13

You left off the goose fat!!
Hope you feel a lot better soon - though these viruses are very clingy this year - I've had mine since November - it's better, but I'm not 100% - still coughing :-| :-| :-|

Hope hubby's feeling better too :-D

New Year, this year, starts on February 1st for me. :-D :-D

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 7 Jan 2018 01:18

Thanks Maggie, this bug seems to have affected everyone for weeks.

Hope all sufferers are well soon

X

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 Jan 2018 14:47

Re the e mail Sue, thank you, hope he doesn't keep you waiting too long for a response. He is usually very good. :-) Hope you have the sunshine outside as we have, it certainly helps to lighten the mood. However it is actually bitterly cold out there so stay in the warm and view it through the window!!

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 7 Jan 2018 15:17

No probs Ann, people at the other end have been pre-warned lolol just need to know which life experiences are on the wish list

xx