General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dawn

Dawn Report 7 Jan 2018 14:50

Why do they no longer send email to say you have a message waiting. If you don't look for them you will not find them.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 7 Jan 2018 14:53

I get emails telling me when I have messages waiting :-)

Dawn

Dawn Report 7 Jan 2018 15:01

We no longer get emails to say we have messages or hot matches, this has been like this for about a year now. Our email address has not changed so I don't know why?

Rambling

Rambling Report 7 Jan 2018 15:15

Check they are not going into Spam or promotions, that said I often don't get them either :-) or I get one in my inbox, reply, and the next one in the same 'conversation' ends up in promotions .

Never had a hot match lol.

Caroline

Caroline Report 7 Jan 2018 15:27

Haven't had a hot match email for ages but still get email for messages...like Nyx said check your spam etc

Dawn

Dawn Report 7 Jan 2018 15:55

Have checked spam & all other ways. No luck there. We only get a number come up next to the Messages prompt in top line on home page.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 Jan 2018 16:14

I have been getting e mails for messages. There was a short time a few months back when they stopped but after contacting support they were re-instated. Have you contacted support?

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 7 Jan 2018 16:17

Have you tried going into your account and email preferences to see if you have the appropriate boxes checked

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 7 Jan 2018 16:32

You can request Hot Matches in the email preferences as in my previous post :-)

Kense

Kense Report 7 Jan 2018 16:53

There is no point in requesting hot matches as they have stopped looking for them.

I too get an email when a GR member sends me a message, had one yesterday.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 7 Jan 2018 19:24

I don't seem to get emails for anything, not even when I am due to renew (I have auto renew off). I have checked that they have my latest email address, which they have, and anyway my old email address is still functional. It seems to be very hit and miss :-(

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 7 Jan 2018 21:31

I usually get emails re messages waiting on here.

I didn't get an email to remind me to renew

Hot mails haven't been done for many moons ........... and anyway, mine were usually completely useless

witness this, it was one of the last Hot Matches I ever got from GR

Mary Smith
Y.O.B: 1779
Place: Launton, Oxfordshire
Children: 4

with

Elizabeth Powell
Y.O.B: 1685
Place: Towcester, Northamptonshire

:-D :-D :-D