General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Martin Place puttenham

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sleepy

Sleepy Report 8 Jan 2018 12:22

Good morning Everyone

In 1968-1969 I use to live and worked as a Mother's help, and I lived at Martin Place, Hogs Back , Puttenham, Surrey.
I use to look after 3xgirl's aged 6, 3 and one and I use to have to take and pick up the eldest child from school.
Can't remember what the school name was in Puttenham, we use to walk down a lane from the hogs back.

I often think of this family and wonder where they are now and how life has treated the children. Can't put family name on here as family might still be living.
Does anyone know the history of this house and not sure if the family still live there who I worked for.
In the garden you could see right over the fields.
I would like to feed down my history to my younger members of my family.
I'm open to personal messages

Thank you in advance

Rambling

Rambling Report 8 Jan 2018 12:59

The school? been there a long time so you might recognise it

http://www.puttenhamschool.co.uk/

If you go on google maps and look at satellite images you may be able to see the school and work out if the house is still there ( there are lots of new roads though, so be forewarned it will look very different)

As you know the family name you could perhaps find marriages for the children, you can message me if you'd like me to look on Findmypast for marriages?