General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Did anyone in the UK

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 9 Jan 2018 23:33

Watch 'School for Stammerers'?
I was in tears.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 10 Jan 2018 00:26

They were very brave to do this so publicly and it was lovely to see what a difference it made to them to be articulate.

I think the method used was the same as Gareth Gates used, the McGuire programme. He did a similar programme on tv.

We take so much for granted. I hope others can get the help they need.

Lizx

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 10 Jan 2018 00:28

I agree, they were very brave.
It's a shame this isn't a government funded programme, it seems to make such a difference to their lives.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 10 Jan 2018 00:36

It really should be by now, the mental health issues caused by stammering must be costlier to treat than the classes

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 10 Jan 2018 07:31

It was amazing to see how being taught some techniques to control a stammer helped to release them from a lifetime of misery. It must have helped being taught by people who had suffered with a stammer and been through the Programme to show them that it did work!

The techniques are obviously something that need to be worked at but I'm sure the more confident you become with them the better you are able to control your stammer and the easier it becomes

I agree that it would be good to see this Programme government funded as it could make such a difference to so many people's lifes.

A very interesting programme :-)

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 15 Jan 2018 05:34

I missed this so was pleased to see there is a repeat tonight.

Monday 15th January

10.45 p.m. on I.T.V

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 15 Jan 2018 05:47

Enjoy it, Gwyn

Lizxx

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 15 Jan 2018 12:31

I watched this amazing programme and found it
very moving.

How brave were they to put themselves in that
position but so worth it when you saw the results. :-)