General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My old account

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karen

Karen Report 16 Jan 2018 11:02

Hi everyone,
I'm Karen and I'm just wondering if anyone can help?
I was on here a few years ago and got a good fair way with my tree, but I can't remember my old email and login details
I contacted gr and haven't received a reply
Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks in advance :-)

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 16 Jan 2018 11:19

This will work if you can remember / have the details of some people in your tree pref. with a less common name.

Go to "search all member trees" and search for a few people from your tree.GR never deletes old trees ( though the owner can). Now the returns from the search will have basic details of the targets PLUS the handle of the tree owner. Click on "Find Out More" and you will get the full name of the tree owner. Eventually you will find a match with your own name.

You can now contact GR support again with these details.
You can also send an emauil to the last known email account for the tree owner. If that email account is still active then of course you will see the email and job is done!

good luck

Karen

Karen Report 16 Jan 2018 11:23

Thank you
I'll shall go try it now

Karen

Karen Report 16 Jan 2018 11:38

I've tried and it is just sending messages to myself

Rambling

Rambling Report 16 Jan 2018 11:52

Karen you give that membership number to GR admin , it may help them locate your account. Make sure you're not looking at your new account number, which you can see ( usually in the bar at bottom of screen) when you hover the cursor over your name on your posts, begins 143.....

your old one possibly begins with 365 ....

Karen

Karen Report 16 Jan 2018 12:21

Thanks Nyx it does begin with 365 :-)

Karen

Karen Report 16 Jan 2018 19:25

Thank you all

I now have access to my old account