General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Pushing the boat out.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 16 Jan 2018 15:32

I had my eyes tested yesterday and ordered new glasses that will be ready on the day before my birthday.Very expensive, to my way of spending, but I last had new glasses when Fred was alive so it must have been four years ago.

Anyway, as it is nearly my birthday when I pick them up and because I have a voucher (of course, the decider) we thought we would go to a Toby carvery for tea AND, last time I went to Boots for and eye test, there was some perfume for sale which I liked. I think it was called the Perfume Library and it was things like woodsmoke and thunderstorms and gin and tonic fragrances. Well, yesterday, they were on a gondola end, reduced.

I thought, since it will be my birthday, I might even buy two, maybe three, bottles of the £7.50, reduced perfume!

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 16 Jan 2018 17:35

And why should you not give yourself a treat Sharron. Happy Birthday in advance :-)

Caroline

Caroline Report 16 Jan 2018 18:27

Sounds like a very good plan, hope you enjoy your Birthday when it arrives.

Sharron

Sharron Report 16 Jan 2018 19:34

Because I have spent far too much on glasses, LaGooner and thank you for the wishes.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 16 Jan 2018 19:37

I have spent hundreds on them Sharron as they are always on my face because I am as blind as a bat without them. The perfume was a nice treat too

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 16 Jan 2018 21:44

A pair of glasses in 4 years?
You deserve to spoil yourself! :-D :-D

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 17 Jan 2018 07:06

Go on, Sharron, spoil yourself! I got new specs last summer after several years of wearing the same ones, I bought two pairs because there was a good offer at Tesco where I got one pair free except for the extra cost of varifocal lighter lenses. It's so nice to have a choice. Most of us wear specs day in and day out and you wouldn't wear the same clothes every day forever more, so why feel guilty about buying new specs now and then.

Enjoy your perfume purchase too, and have a great birthday too

Lizx