General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

schools and places of work

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 18 Jan 2018 18:12

can I find these

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 18 Jan 2018 18:16

It depends on the time frame you are looking at.

If you would like to give some details I'm sure someone will try to help.

Kath. x

Margaret

Margaret Report 18 Jan 2018 18:30

1953 - 1965

Margaret

Margaret Report 18 Jan 2018 18:32

sorry 1953 - 2006

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 18 Jan 2018 18:32

I thought you might be looking at earlier than that. Findmypast has some school recrds but from much earlier in the 1900's.

Sorry, but I'm not aware of anything after the 1939 register to find occupations.

Kath. x

Rambling

Rambling Report 18 Jan 2018 18:36

Probably too recent, for data protection reasons.

I would hope so to be honest I don't really want other people to be tracing my school records lol.

If you have an idea of area you could try searching for the name and see if the person is mentioned as an old boy or girl at the local school if it has an FB page, or reunion site. Same with a work place if you have some idea of it?