General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The never ending error message

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 30 Jan 2018 10:03

I contacted support yet again last night. Had an answer this morning.

Dear Ann,

Thank you for your email.

I'm sorry to hear this is still an issue for you - I have contacted our technical team to see if the issue persists, and if so, if they can provide a solution.

With kind regards,

Eleanor
Genes Reunited Support Team

Just thought you'd all like to know that! :-) :-)

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 30 Jan 2018 10:42

I am sure they will solve the problem - Oh was that a pig I just saw flying by

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 30 Jan 2018 11:20

Think I've just seen the same pig Linda!

I always have to try at least twice to get onto this site. I can't see them spending too much time trying to fix the problem as long as we can eventually get on.

Kath. x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 30 Jan 2018 15:56

:-D :-D It is not just getting on, it is switching between threads as well, and people do give up trying. Not the way to get new members (if they want them!)

Kense

Kense Report 30 Jan 2018 17:57

I shouldn't think new members have a problem as it only seems to affect prolific posters.

As for getting on the site, does anyone access it via "My Threads". If that is giving you trouble then change your entry to one of the boards or, if that doesn't work, change it to the home page.

The two huge threads on the first page on General Chat might possibly be a factor. If everyone having problems has contributed to them, then it might be worth continuing the discussions on new threads and allowing the old threads to sink. Links can be set between the old and new threads so that they can be easily found.

David

David Report 30 Jan 2018 18:15

I often get get the error message, don't know why. Click on their banner and it posts, but it does not correct the problem.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 30 Jan 2018 19:57

Oh yes it's still very much ongoing especially when trying to change broads

As the error messenger says the problem has been reported why can genes see why it happens

Lip service message it seems to me

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 31 Jan 2018 05:20

Just happened again .i opened up genes and i was on find ancestor board where I was last on .clicked to move to general and after yonks of waiting got the error message !!

David

David Report 31 Jan 2018 07:06

Things have changed in recent years.Get the impression they are just there to
take your subscription.