General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Square eyes

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 11 Feb 2018 12:43

I'm sure we all remember being told (or telling our children) that too much TV will give you square eyes.

That's me :-D

Winter olympics and rugby.......bliss

Luckily hubby enjoys both too.

I don't like housework (sorry for swearing ladies) and the programme schedule is the perfect excuse ;-) ;-) ;-)

Von

Von Report 11 Feb 2018 13:09

I'm with you on this one Sue :-D :-D :-D

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 11 Feb 2018 13:10

More like hell :-\

But I'm square-eyed from using the laptop!

Mersey

Mersey Report 11 Feb 2018 13:10

Lovin the Olympics not so much the rugby :-D :-D

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 11 Feb 2018 13:45

If I was Welsh then I would regard yesterday's events at Twickenham as grand larceny rather than rugby.

As you say, square eyes.

Sharron

Sharron Report 11 Feb 2018 13:47

It doesn't do much for me.I don't really know what they are trying to achieve or care who wins.

There is not a sport that I do enjoy watching that I can think of.

Dermot

Dermot Report 11 Feb 2018 15:20

Someone mentioned 'housework'. What's that all about? ~~~~~~~~~~

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 11 Feb 2018 15:22

I'm with you Sharron on that although at one time yesterday in this house, I had OH downstairs watching the six nations (I think!) and daughter's partner upstairs watching the other sort of rugby.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 11 Feb 2018 15:33

Even though we have the 6 Nations RU on, I can’t get excited.

It might be different if people are watching it, or any other sport, if they
Used to play
Do play
Need to know what’s happened as a conversation topic.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 11 Feb 2018 15:36

Hubby loves the rugby although not the Olympics so much. He has his own TV in the dining room and it's very rare that we watch TV together as he hates soaps and I like them.

However - who needs an excuse to NOT do housework (sorry again for the swear word!).

Kath. x

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 11 Feb 2018 20:01

*fights way through the dust*

I cannot abide football, cricket or tennis, every other sport...yay!!!!!

F1 starts soon too :-D :-D

Kay????

Kay???? Report 11 Feb 2018 20:28

I dont like any sport at all,but did watch a few twirls from the iceskaters this afternoon.which I do like to watch. but not go out of my way to be an avid viewer.or know who is who.
such talent.

(but not the tele show one)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 12 Feb 2018 00:08

I'm not too keen on sport.
I'll watch a bit of Rugby Union, if there's no 'Marple' repeat for the 'nth' time.
Won't even consider Rugby League.

Used to watch F1, used to like Hamilton winning, but now he's been exposed for tax avoidance (yes I earn more millions than I can spend, but why should I pay anything more than I can get away with to help others) and 'dress shaming' his 4 year old nephew on twitter, I don't think I'll bother :-(

Dermot

Dermot Report 12 Feb 2018 08:04

Moral rights & wrongs are sometime adjudicated case by case. :-S

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 12 Feb 2018 09:02

Please explain, Dermot.

Anybody who is earning enough money to be on a 'higher' tax band should be grateful!
Not try and squirrel it away.
This country loses millions/billions more money through tax evasion /avoidance than benefit 'cheats' - yet who is castigated by the media?