General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Milk Tray Chocolates

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Florence61

Florence61 Report 18 Feb 2018 14:37

Has anyone noticed anything different about the chocolates? I had a box given to me at xmas and today decided to open them.

They are perfectly looking fine, in date etc but oh my! The chocolate is so hard that when you get to inside it, I could hardly taste the strawberry or the orange.

I'm sure the chocolate used to be a lot softer?

I don't eat chocolate often as It affects my astma, just was disappointed today when I sampled a few!

Florence
in the hebrides :-(

Sharron

Sharron Report 18 Feb 2018 14:54

Can't taste the strawberry or the orange. Well there's a bonus!

Have not had Milk Tray for a long time, somebody gave me a box for my sixtieth and I traded with somebody who makes excellent cakes but I don't think they even do the same centres any more.

I would always go for the hard ones and offer people a coffee cream or and orange cream.

Wish you could still get Terry's Trojan, plain chocolate, all hard centres, yum,yum,yum!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 18 Feb 2018 15:20

Cadbury's has been owned by Mondelez International (originally Kraft Foods) since 2010, and the quality of the chocolate has, in my opinion, deteriorated :-(

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 18 Feb 2018 17:30

I once spent a whole day putting the walnuts on the whips, as they went past me, on a conveyor belt :-(

...the next day, I was dipping mallow cones into hundreds & thousands....

I lasted a week (temping), that was enough.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 18 Feb 2018 18:01

Thanks ladies for your comments. At least I know its not my taste buds that have changed.

I recently bought walnut whips in the coop and now you mention it Joan, yep the walnuts have gone...shame I used to love them.

I also loved the coffee crème although many didn't.

Maggie, you did well. I would have eaten more than enough and only lasted a day or 2..lol

The strawberry and orange just hardly taste of anything, so little filling.Just more chocolate than anything else and not really that nice.

my favourites were black magic but last time I had some of those, think they had changed too.

Nothing ever stays the same anymore and of course things do change but chocolates? nah leave them be!

Florence
in the hebrides

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 18 Feb 2018 19:23

the chocolates are smaller too!! I used to like the diamond shaped fudge ones - they are so thin now!!

Caroline

Caroline Report 18 Feb 2018 21:13

Wagon wheels...now there's shrinkage!!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 18 Feb 2018 21:27

Caroline - Nooooooooo!
Your hands have got bigger!!!! :-D :-D :-D

Caroline

Caroline Report 18 Feb 2018 21:38

:-D :-D

Okay, that explains it then!!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 18 Feb 2018 21:42

:-D :-D :-D :-D

Florence, I like nuts, and I like chocolate, but I don't like nuts and chocolate together - and there are only so many walnuts a person can eat! :-D :-D